Is there interest in a FLRC 50K Mega Trail Challenge?

Hmm! That’s an idea: the FLRC 50K Mega Trail Challenge (but I’m open to other names—I can’t think of a superlative T word that’s alliterative with Trail at the moment). Perhaps a 12-hour cutoff, and you have to run all the trail courses at least once, with short course fill-ins to get to the 50K mark if necessary. (I’m not sure adding 50K of trails as a variable for course selection will work reliably.)

To make this an official thing, we’d need at least four people willing to attempt it this year. I’d have to think about prizes…

@Challengers, what do you think? Is this worth adding to the mix?

2 Likes

I have a few niggles which might affect my run volume this summer, but I would be into this! It had crossed my mind, too, and would love if it were just the trail courses.

2 Likes

Banyan and I have been talking about doing the 100k challenge together at some point this summer when our schedules line up, so we’d probably give the 50k a go if it’s an option too.

(Also my vote/suggestion for a name would be something like Tenacious Trail 50k Challenge)

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan to me… And there must be some way we can link/promote it to Trail Circuit folks? In theory, I’d be willing to give it a go, as I’m currently training for my first 50k attempt (but this could be misplaced optimism :blush: ).

Tenacious Trail Challenge - I like this!

1 Like

That sounds like fun.

1 Like

I’d be interested!!

3 Likes

Well, that was quick. :slight_smile: OK, let’s do it. I’ll have to figure out some sort of award—our classic signs don’t come in smaller sizes, unfortunately, but that will let me find something different.

I like where @joshnogaret is going with the FLRC 50K Tenacious Trail Challenge name. There are other T words like Tenacious too, so if you have any suggestions, share them here (I have a handful). Then we’ll do a poll.

3 Likes

I like this idea. I would be into it especially if we could make it all trails. Run all the trail courses at least once and then run some of them multiple times to get to the 50k distance if needed.

I can’t run it but I have a T word for you: Tera or Ter(r)a?
Your geeky mind must have been napping

Excellent idea, and a much less intimidating than the 100K challenge which is beyond me. I would attempt this 50K. My goal would be to do it within the time Pete did the 100K!

Name recommendation: FLRC 50K Ultra Trail Challenge

1 Like

I would be totally up for this if my hip allows!

1 Like

Love the idea of the Tenacious Trail 50k Challenge!

1 Like

I like the Tenacious Trail Challenge name but will also toss out Totally Trippin’ Trail Challenge

1 Like

That only works if you reveal where on the trails you found the magic mushrooms. :mushroom:

1 Like

I think I’d attempt this as well…

1 Like

:grinning: I’m not saying, Mr. Skunkadelic

The Treadpool Trail Challenge

1 Like

The Grateful Tread Trail Challenge

2 Likes

I’d be down for giving it a shot

1 Like

I’m down for this challenge!

1 Like