Join FLRC for its First-Ever Parallel of Latitude 8-Hour Endurance Race

Have you ever wondered how far you could go if you could just go and not worry about anything but putting one foot in front of the other? With no cutoffs and no limit to mileage, the Parallel of Latitude 8-Hour Endurance Race is for you! The inaugural event will take place at Dryden Lake Park, Dryden NY on Saturday September 28, giving you from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM to complete as many miles as you can (or want) on a flat 3.45 mile out-and-back, unpaved rail trail course.

Register Today!

One well-stocked aid station will greet you after every “loop” with all your food and hydration needs, but feel free to bring your own tent to set up your own area, or claim a spot in one of the two pavilions. Each finisher will receive a custom award with their mileage added, and the person in each gender category who completes the most miles gets some extra bling.

Volunteer

If you’re still unsure about this style of racing, Ultrarunning.com thinks timed races are “kind of awesome,” and here’s why:

• You won’t ever get lost.
  • You are never very far away from your own gear and food.
  • You are almost always with other runners.
  • There are usually people cheering you on the entire event.
  • Simple and convenient for your crew to support.
  • Nobody can tell if you’re leading the miles, or partying in the back.
5 Likes

I am so excited for this. I have really become a fan of timed events. And there are not many around our area. I have my first ultra in 2 years in July, so when I see how I come out on the other side of that I will likely sign up for this if I am still going well and don’t have any other conflicts.

2 Likes

Given the race’s name, you should score it in nautical miles to account for the earth’s curvature. Either way I’m looking forward to it!

3 Likes

I’m excited for you to run your first ultra in a few years! Which one are you doing? I hope it goes well, and that you can join us in September.

1 Like

We’d then be looking at 3 nautical miles for each parallel of latitude! Was unaware the earth curves that much in that short of a distance…

I am running Many on the Genny. It has been on my radar as one I want to do for a while so now is the time.