Lakefront Loops 5K (and other 5Ks) Star Posts

Use this topic for posts to collect community stars for the Lakefront Loops 5K course and any other 5K races that you run during the Challenge.

Here’s how it works.

• Click the “Post Using This Template” button below to create a new post with a Story heading and boilerplate text.
  • Replace the boilerplate text with your report for one or both sections. The header is key for distinguishing between posts and replies—don’t change it.
  • Your post must be on the same calendar day as your run as entered in Webscorer.

Story

To pick up a community star, replace this text with a write-up of what your run was like, a photo you took on the run, a link to your Strava track, or something similar. Don’t delete the Story heading above.

Story

After completing 2 courses Tatyana convinced me we should cool down by “walking” this course. It was a very brisk walk. I loved all the daffodils in bloom.

2 Likes

Story

For this challenge I ran the Daffodil Dash 5K sponsored by the garden club April 13. Pretty miserable weather conditions with freezing rain and parts of the Cass Park parking lot and sidewalks flooding before the race, but I still got out there and we were fortunate to have most of the rain stop for the 5K.

I had been training with this race as my goal and stuck to a couple teenage boys (thank you teen boys and old men for your assistance to women’s running!!) through the race to achieve much more even splits than in my last several 5Ks.

I finished in 22:59 for a post high school PR by 25 seconds - replacing the 23:25 I ran at the Feb indoor track meet. Course measurement looks fine on my GPS so I’ll take it! They were not posting results or doing awards but I believe I was also the first woman.

All credit to the Barton track workouts (and to my Challenge and pre-Challenge long runs). Teamwork makes the dream work :muscle:

4 Likes

Story

I took Theo to Cass Park today for another Challenge course stroller run. We did the course twice: once easy and once faster in 19:46. Theo napped for most of the run.

3 Likes

Story

3 Likes

@adamengst Does a 3.1-mile leg at Seneca7 count as a Lakefront Loops 5k effort?

As long as you can post a published result for that exact distance as part of your story, sure!

Story

I ran the the first-ever Tulip Trot 5k this morning in Mecklenburg, NY. It was a small race with only 43 registered competitors but the race organizers did a fantastic job. There were markers at each kilometer, scenic country roads, a great choice of post-race foods, and most important of all for us night-owls, a reasonable start time of 10:30 am!

4 Likes

Story

After completing 2 courses Tatyana convinced me we should cool down by “walking” this course. It was a very brisk walk. I loved all the daffodils in bloom.

Reposting becasue I don’t think I did it right to get stars. lol

1 Like