Use this topic for posts that will collect community stars for the Lindsay-Parsons course. You can also ask questions or make comments about this course.
Here’s how it works.
Click the “Post Using This Template” button below to create a new post with a Story heading and boilerplate text.
Replace the boilerplate text with your report for one or both sections. The Story header is key for distinguishing between posts and replies—don’t change it.
Your post must be on the same calendar day as your run as entered in the leaderboard.
Story
To pick up a community star, replace this text with a write-up of what your run was like, a photo you took on the run, a link to your Strava track, or something similar. Don’t delete the Story heading above.
Lovely Course…
but right now it needs a little love in a few places. Several sections of trail still need the tall grasses trimmed back. Here are a couple of the worst spots but there are more:
I had soaked my legs and socks in tick repellent before starting out but wished I was in long pants. A thorough brushing and tick check afterwards found none.
It was still a very enjoyable run. Saw a very large Great Blue ‘Pterodactyl’ flying over this pond
On the second loop on the back side of the RR tracks, I encountered a group of seven people going through the forest to remove invasive plant species. Fortunately, the ferns get to stay:
Doing the Lindy … or maybe making like Mary Poppins?
as if anyone remembers what either of those were…anyhow, I’ve done this loop several times before and always seemed to be with a strong wind out of the NW… so when after work when I saw the weather I let the wind take me down to West Danby. Trails were in generally good shape so I danced along … there are some new crosscuts in some places but nothing major. And the RunGo lady kept me on course - she is a good lead!. The purple loop was a bit slow because it isn’t as well worn (not used as much?) and this time of day the blazes - which were numerous - were tough to pick out; there was always a blaze visible even if took me a moment to find it. Pretty much had the place to myself until the last mile when in quick succession I saw: a bunny (dashing not hopping), a dog walking 3 humans, and 2 deer - one of which chose not to immediately bound into the brush like the other deer did but rather proceeded to dash down the trail as if to show me how the trail should be run!