Lots of Ultra Challenge Action Today

The leaderboard shows strong evidence that @scottpdawson and @amy-dawson are running together for the Ultra Challenge. Both have knocked off 4/10 courses so far, starting with the Sweet 1600 at 2:58 a.m.

Meanwhile, 2021 Ultra Challenge finisher @aaronking32 is back at it, starting with Taughannock at 4:46 a.m. He’s finished 3/10 courses, including the dreaded Lick Brook & Treman in a hefty 2:18.

Good luck to all three of you!

2 Likes

How many times of checking the activity log on the leaderboard become excessive …. asking for a friend!
And my friend is worried that it’s not updating but recognizes there is likely a lag in the posting.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck to those embarking on the ultra challenge today!!

1 Like

I’m guessing either the Dawsons are on the Treman course now or they did Loomis where there’s no cell service in the parking lot to update the leaderboard.

Somehow I missed it earlier, but @teressa.naylor is also running the the ultra with Team Dawson. So that’s four efforts currently in progress!

1 Like

Four in one day is incredible - good luck to everyone! Especially impressive on such a hot day!

1 Like

Woo! I just checked in on the Activity Log too and noticed all the action. Good luck to all, and it’s great to see another batch of Ultra Challenge efforts.

There shouldn’t be any lag at all in updating the Activity Log—as soon as someone posts to Webscorer, the leaderboard picks it up within a few seconds.

And there’s no problem in continually refreshing the Activity Log—it just shows you care. :wink:

1 Like

My post was meant to be humorous, but I didn’t really think about which courses they could be running and how long it would take to complete those.

It’s like I’m sitting in a theater, shoving popcorn in my face while watching an engaging movie. :wink:

2 Likes

I know, right? It’s way better than following pro sports when you know everyone.

1 Like

Cheering everyone from Bing! And it’s a hot day to tackle the Ultra! Giddyup, friends! :fire:

There’s still a week left for you to add your name to the finishers list. With a couple weeks until Twisted, why not for up for a tough 100k with an easy-ish 100k? :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t tempt me @Petorius! At this point I think I’d need someone to hold my hand through Long Loomis! :joy:

But strongly considering for 2023.

1 Like

Any chance the scat you saw was rained on horse apples?!? That’s what I thought I saw out there. :grimacing:

1 Like

That’s what I thought it was initially… Then the piles started to look different and I was surprised to see that much horse poop (i.e. that many horses) on the trail. But I know the same horse may poop several times on one ride and the bear scat photos I saw online didn’t 100% convince me that I was seeing bear evidence, even with all the varieties of bear scat out there based on what they eat.

So that actually makes me feel better. :sweat_smile: Maybe I don’t need anyone to hold my hand afterall! :joy: