PGXC #2 2026: Center Park (Fairport) General Logistics

Hello, @pgxc-flrc and @pgxc-high-noon!

Our second race is this Sunday, 10/4, at Center Park in Fairport (Google pin).

Our post-race lunch will be at Donnelly’s Public House, at 1 Water St, Fairport, NY 14450, just a few miles from the course. Since we need to give them a rough headcount on Saturday, please use the Forum to vote in the poll, and if you are bringing additional people to lunch, say so in the comments.

Post-race Lunch Plans
  • Yes, I’m coming to lunch
  • I’m not sure if I can make it
  • No, I need to drive home right away
0 voters

To sign up for this race – or any race – scroll down a little on the PGXC Cross Country Teams page to find links for signing up and adding yourself to the Google Sheet. If you aren’t already on the roster, please reply to this post or text Tonya or Adam so we can get you on the roster; we may not notice a late addition to the Google Sheet.

Course Map

The course map is similar to last year, but there’s only one loop of the big field. Parking is in the lot below the FINISH marker.

Carpool Plans

  • The main carpool will leave from the southwest corner of Cornell’s B-Lot (see image below). Plan to arrive on Sunday morning at 8:00 AM, when we will sort people into cars and depart at 8:15 AM sharp. It’s a 1:45 drive, and we’ll make the canonical Thruway bathroom stop. (If you live in downtown Ithaca or on West Hill and want to be picked up, post in this thread on the Forum with what you need and your text number, and we’ll try to arrange something.)

At the Race

The race starts at 11 AM, so we suggest arriving at Center Park around 10 AM. When you arrive, drop off your gear and find team members at the FLRC tent. Then, pick up your number from the main race organizing table. If you ordered a PGXC shirt, pick it up from the main race organizing table.

Extra FLRC and High Noon jerseys will be available to sign out at the FLRC tent. (If you will be borrowing a jersey, wear a blue or black shirt that you like for racing in case we don’t have one in your size.) Aim to get to the start line 5–10 minutes before the race so you can join the team cheer and hear announcements.

After the Race

When you finish running, cheer for any teammates who are still racing. Do a post-race cooldown jog with others on the team. The PGXC series will provide post-race refreshments, such as bananas, oranges, energy bars, and chips/pretzels.

About a half hour after all runners finish, there will be an awards ceremony for individuals and age-group teams. We’ll pack up and leave for the post-race lunch after that.

If you read this far and still want more info, check out the FAQ or ask us!

See you on Sunday! —Adam & Tonya

I would like to be picked up downtown (west side) or, if there are several downtowners, I could drive and pick you all up. -Casey 607-220-4756

1 Like

Lauren and Theo will come to lunch too.

1 Like

I am also downtown in Fall Creek and would appreciate a carpool that can pick me up somewhere downtown!

1 Like

Hi all, We have two cars coming to the B-lot who can take outgoing passengers, but cannot take people on the return trip (Dave Kania and Sarah Ridenour, Adam and myself). Given that, I’m wondering who is coming to the B-lot who can take passengers, because I’m not sure how to advise Casy and Kaleb. They could just be their own downtown carpool (anyone else need a ride from downtown?), but otherwise I want to make sure we have enough seats for everyone.

Updating: I could drive from downtown. I booked a car share for the drive. It’s a Honda Fit, room for driver plus 3 comfortably but will add another passenger if necessary. (I’m thinking let’s meet at Gimme Coffee on Cayuga St)

I live downtown and would like a ride. I’d offer to drive but have car problems that I shouldn’t gamble with.

Alternatively, I don’t mind driving and could look into getting a Carshare car for the day. It’s only 6$ per hour for the car and gas is covered, no limit on miles. If anyone is interested in joining for this option, I’m happy to.

Harry, I can meet you and Kaleb at Gimme on Cayuga to ride with you, ready to leave by 8:15. As a backup option, I could still drive.

2 Likes

Casey, if you’re up for driving that is even better. I see I overlooked your offer before.

Do you want to keep same meetup place and time? My # is 607-793-0776 if you and Kaleb want to move from here to texts also.

Thanks,

1 Like

Lauren and I are not coming to B-lot for the outgoing carpool but we will have a spare seat (or two if you don’t mind a very tight squeeze) for the return trip in case anyone needs a ride back to Ithaca.

Okay - seems like we are all set with Harry, Casey, and Kaleb carpooling directly from downtown (and with a bonus of easy access to Gimme). And, if there is a fourth downtown runner, they can get in touch with this trio and join them.

See you all then!

I will be at the B-lot tomorrow. I can drive if needed, and my car will fit 3 besides me comfortably, and 4 besides me reasonably comfortably.

1 Like

Kaleb- Harry and I plan to meet at the bank parking lot next to Island Fitness instead (I will drive) Can you meet us there at 8:15, or do you need to be picked up? Please send us your text#