PGXC Championship Day Post-Race Party/Award Ceremony on Nov 6th

Hey @pgxc-flrc and @pgxc-high-noon. The PGXC race organizers tell us that only a handful of people have signed up for food at the post-race party and award ceremony after the November 6th race in Fairport. They’re worried that no one is going to come to the award ceremony.

Details are below, but to help them (and us) figure out what to do, could you please indicate your plans in the poll below (click the View Topic button at the bottom of this message if you’re reading in email). If you plan to stay and eat, please RSVP and pay GVH $15 using the links in Dave Bischoff’s message below. Dave did add that outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.

After the November 6th race in Fairport, I intend to:
  • Drive home immediately
  • Attend the award ceremony but not eat
  • Attend the award ceremony and pay for the lunch
0 voters

Hello PGXC Clubs & athletes,

It’s looking like the 32nd edition of PGXC is another rousing success! A lot of great racing and spirited competition. Well done to all of you and your teams!

On behalf of Race Director, Mike Nier, we are contacting you in regards to the post- race party and awards banquet GVH is planning for Championship day, Nov 6, immediately following the race (~12:30pm). Since the race will be in Fairport this year, we have reserved the entire My Wine and Cheese Bar in Fairport village, just 1.5mi from the race site (400 Packets Landing, Fairport, NY 14450). The venue sits right on the Erie Canal and has become one of the hotspots in town. We are also working with them to get the Buffalo Bills game shown. The owners have a nice menu planned for us, including salad, bread, ziti, and meatballs. GVH will be underwriting a significant portion of the costs involved but we are asking each of you and your respective athletes to pay a small fee of $15 up front or $20 at the door (cash) for the meal, for anyone interested in eating. There will also be a cash bar for anyone interested in beverages. Neither are mandatory as we’ll obviously be holding the usual PGXC awards ceremony regardless, but we do highly suggest the meal (the owner is a great cook!). In any event, we need to give the owner a reasonably good headcount ahead of that day so she can prepare for our large contingent. So, we prefer that everyone who intends on coming, go on-line and please pay now. We’d like to have a good headcount by 10/23. This greatly simplifies day-of, and guarantees there will be enough food for each of you. The process is very simple. GVH has a donation button on our home page Genesee Valley Harriers – Premier Running Club (gvh.net) (about midway down on right side – click the yellow Donate button), or directly at Donate (paypal.com) . You can use credit, debit or PayPal. Please also indicate what club you are from in the Notes block (e.g. STC for PGXC Post Race). This will give us a list to check off at the door. If your athletes prefer paying cash at door or some other method, please provide a list of who is coming and eating, to me directly. Any questions, please also address to me or Coach Reif (NOT MIKE NIER). We are trying to help with the incredible workload Mike has hanging over him.

We look forward to an exciting day of racing, good fellowship, good libations, and overall fun that makes PGXC the best in the land!

Best Regards,
Dave Bischoff
GVH CEO
585-957-3648

Thanks for checking in! I have family coming to town so if I do race that day I will intend to come back right after, skipping the fun event

Hi Adam, I’m not comfortable being inside with a crowd of folks eating and talking even if I am wearing a mask, so I plan to stay outside and I don’t mind being outside during the awards. Do you know if the outdoor folks will be able to hear what is going on inside? Thanks Anne

That’s entirely reasonable, @anne-shakespeare. I checked with the organizers and they think it will be possible to keep the doors open during the award ceremony. But it may not be ideal.

Hi Adam,
I am traveling out of town this day so I won’t be able to make the race and, therefore, won’t make it to this award ceremony. Thank you!