Register for the Hartshorne Masters Mile by midnight tonight

You know you want to run. Today is the last day to register for the Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile (unless you contact me with a good excuse and a note from your mother). Our rabbits are tightening their spikes, the photographer and videographer are lined up, and the competition promises to be stiff. Are you going to be on the starting line, competing for age-graded prize money that goes five deep for the elite men and women? Even if a prize isn’t likely, all runners will receive a limited edition Hartshorne mug.

The award ceremony will take place right after the race at noon at Cornell’s Statler Hotel, across the street from Barton Hall, so please include that in your plans. The catered lunch costs just $20 and includes vegetarian and gluten-free options, but we encourage you to attend (for free) even if you don’t want to eat. If you want lunch but are uncertain about your travel plans because of the weather, let me know so I can get a headcount, and you can pay at the door.

Finally, if you can’t get enough of Barton Hall, the USATF Niagara Indoor Championship meet takes place at Barton the next day, January 14.

—Adam Engst, Charlie Fay, and Tom Hartshorne

I hate not doing it. But I’m dealing with a heel problem that I just can’t shake. Anytime I try to run with any sort of pace, it becomes very painful. Maybe next year.

Joel

Sorry to miss you this year, Joel!