Register now for the Danby Down & Dirty on September 24th

Registration is open for FLRC’s 2022 trail series finale—the Danby Down & Dirty 10K and 23K trail runs, on September 24th. This classic race covers forest roads, burly singletrack, and hills, Hills, HILLS, through Danby State Forest. If it’s a clear day, sacrifice a few seconds to enjoy the spectacular multi-county view from the Thatcher Pinnacles halfway through the 10K loop before plummeting headlong down a twisty trail! Both races are part of the 2022 FLRC Trail Circuit, and we’ll have a photographer present to capture runners, volunteers, and families enjoying the scenery.

New for this year, the longer course’s second loop will follow the entire 8-mile Abbott Loop, adding a new section of singletrack plus a second ascent to the Pinnacles overlook and eliminating two sections of forest roads. The changes increase the distance to 23K (14.2 miles) with about 2,300 feet of vertical gain. The 10K race follows the traditional route and includes 900 feet of gain.

Sign up to carpool to help fight climate change and to nab a parking spot closer to the staging area.

Volunteers are what make this and other FLRC events possible. If you aren’t running the race and can help out, or are running and willing and able to pitch in a little before and/or after your run, let me know! Sign up via the volunteer spreadsheet tool (preferred), DM me (click my name and then the blue Message button), or email pete.kresock@gmail.com. Fun, friends, and free breakfast—it’s a great way to spend a late September morning.

Happy trails!

Pete Kresock
Race Director, Danby Down & Dirty

1 Like