Registration Is Open For Danby Down & Dirty 10K/20K

Registration is now open for FLRC’s 2021 trail series finale—the Danby Down & Dirty 10K/20K trail runs, on October 2nd. You trained through the summer heat, right? Why not reap the benefits of your increased level of blood plasma on what is usually a crisp autumn morning, while immersing yourself in the area’s beautiful fall foliage? This classic race covers forest roads, burly singletrack, and hills, Hills, HILLS, through Danby State Forest. If it’s a clear day, sacrifice a few seconds to enjoy the spectacular multi-county view from the Thatcher Pinnacles halfway through the 10K loop before plummeting headlong down a twisty trail!

Run a single loop for the 10K, or complete the 10K and continue on a partially overlapping second loop for the 20K. FLRC Challenge participants can clock their split to the Challenge sign at the Michigan Hollow Road crossing, just before the 10K finish. (Not registered for the FLRC Challenge? It’s not too late to sign up!) Afterward, relive your race while enjoying seasonal post-run refreshments with your fellow runners. More info.

Volunteers are what make this and other FLRC events possible. If you aren’t running the race and can help out, or are running and willing and able to pitch in a little before and/or after your run, let me know! Comment here, DM me (click my name and then the blue Message button), or email pete.kresock@gmail.com.

Thanks, and happy trails!

Pete Kresock
Race Director, Danby Down & Dirty

1 Like

Hi Pete,
I’m looking forward to the race this Saturday! I signed up for the 10k and would like to run the 20k. I don’t know how to change my registration on Webscorer. Is that something we can change? Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Mark Perry

Hey Mark, no need to change anything. All you have to do is cross the finish line and then let the timers know you changed distances from what you’re registered as. Both races start together so it works out.

Awesome, thanks Pete. See you Saturday morning!

Yup, from the timing perspective, we only need to know after you finish (so you can change your mind after the first loop), but please do tell us if you switch distances. Otherwise, there can be significant confusion if someone says they’re going to run 20K, runs a slow 10K time that could conceivably be a fast 20K time, and then appears to have placed high in the 20K. (This happened in both Forest Frolic and Forge the Gorgeous this year.)

@FLXrnr79 Actually, no need. It was easy enough to make the change in Webscorer on my end.