Run Rabbit Run Star Posts

Story

I’ve been working my through the longer distance courses, and next on my list was Run Rabbit Run. I don’t have tons of road miles on my legs, so I had debated doing a longer road run before tackling this longer course. After looking at the weather forecast for the next week or so, I decided today was the day!!

I doubted I would make it to the course start by the time Gerald & Fans lady (I was correct). I chose to run the course by heading up Falls Road to Tburg, making the loop back to the starting point. I then took Jacksonville Road to Kraft Road to finish on BDT.

I had 3 goals for this run:

1. Avoid reinjury.
  2. Finish the course
  3. Jog/run the whole thing.

Goals met!!

My run ended on a bit of a low point when a person in a group of hikers said I was a slow runner (when looking back at passing bikers and me). But I finished my trip to Tburg on a high note by crashing the Dawsons’ backyard gathering to hang out with some fellow challengers.

1 Like

Sorry I could not make the run yesterday. All the best and happy running!!

Story

Sigh
I have come to accept I am no longer an early bird :woman_shrugging::person_facepalming: and live with the consequences
My grand plans of getting to do my run at 7am … Were lucky to only become 9:30 :roll_eyes:
Which of course bit me in the … :sweat_smile: With all the sun :sun_with_face::sunny::sun_with_face::sunny::sun_with_face::sunny: and the temperature reaching an unexpected 80+°F despite the forecast saying it was only going to hit 75​:eyes:
All that aside I do enjoy this course especially in reverse. The parking lot was Packed! I think everyone has the same idea of checking out the falls after all the rain. But I did manage to squeeze in.
I love the the architecture of the cemetery building

1 Like

Story

A super fun run today. Here we are at Rabbit Run Rd

@tonya-engst @jennarice

4 Likes

Story

We had a good Run Rabbit Run, enjoyed the back roads around T’burg. At the end the clouds celebrated, and we celebrated by eating at the taco place in Trumansburg.

2 Likes

Story

Wonderful day for a long walk
Saw a few other challengers out running the course :+1::+1::running_woman::running_woman:

Just two left for Matt :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great day for Run Rabbit Run

I was a little anxious about setting out on this run. It was only 8 days since the 20 mile Mammoth March (Letchworth, lots of elevation). Last night, I had a spicy Thai dinner, played fiddle at the Farm Sanctuary hoedown, then had a work call come in at 10:30 PM. Not a great set up for the run today.

But the weather today was cool and breezy, and I’d gotten a great tip on reversing direction in the first loop. Saw a few other Challengers out there. Listened to my body and slowed when it felt right. Covered the ground. Glad to have knocked this one off the list. Only the Freeville Fly-in remains. As long as the weather and good health are favorable, I hope to finish that course (and the Challenge) next Sunday.

2 Likes

Story

Continue straight on south street, in 200 feet continue straight on south street, continue straight on south street, in 300 feet continue straight on south street, continue straight on south street …… :weary:

Ok, procrastinated on doing this one because it’s a long drive from my neck of the woods. The long drive plus the longer run meant I would need almost 4 hours to get it done. The day after racing a 5k was not the best choice but I only left myself a day to spare. So I was annoyed at having to drive, stressed about the time since I had other commitments for the day and was generally not in a good mood and the repeated RunGo instructions telling me to go straight on a straight road started to get to me. Are runners randomly veering up people’s driveways??? In the end it was good strong run and my 2024 challenge is complete.

1 Like

Sorry about that! Those are all at intersections to answer the question of “Should I turn here?” In retrospect, I could have had the first one say
“Continue straight on South Street for about a mile until you get to Rabbit Run Road.” But a little late to change it now. :slight_smile: