Run Rabbit Run Star Posts

Use this topic for posts to collect community stars for the Run Rabbit Run course.

Here’s how it works.

• Click the “Post Using This Template” button below to create a new post with a Story heading and boilerplate text.
  • Replace the boilerplate text with your report for one or both sections. The header is key for distinguishing between posts and replies—don’t change it.
  • Your post must be on the same calendar day as your run as entered in Webscorer.

Story

To pick up a community star, replace this text with a write-up of what your run was like, a photo you took on the run, a link to your Strava track, or something similar. Don’t delete the Story heading above.

Story

First day of the challenge, and I decided to bang out my hometown course! It was a great day for a run, but it was WINDY. I didn’t think this is possible, but I swear I had a head wind for the entire run.

Anyway, off to Gimme Coffee for post run coffee and pastries.

5 Likes

Story

I finished up the ultra with a long, windy, and miserable Rabbit Run that was more on par with a tortoise’s pace. I think I’ll enjoy this one a lot when I’m not battling 30 mph headwinds and already have 50 something miles on my legs. Ok, time for Chipotle!

6 Likes

Story

Decided to knock off a course with my first long run after whatever sinus thingy I had. :woman_shrugging:
Planned on walking the second loop if my body decided I wasn’t up for the whole thing, but thankfully, with lots of walk breaks I got it done :blush:

Always love the geology of the area, so many awesome rock formations and even the old stonework along the black diamond trail. (Too lazy to take pictures)
Sad about the trees they took down at the trailhead.

I have to say thank you for putting the gpx files on the site for the courses!!
Thankfully I uploaded them all to my watch, because RunGo stopped navigating me and started me in the middle of the course twice and crashed on me 3 times! I gave up on the third time. :person_facepalming: (I’m uninstalling and reinstalling to hopefully fix the issue)

I’ve had other issues with RunGo for a while like it won’t save courses for me and whatnot :woman_shrugging: hopefully the reinstall fixes it :crossed_fingers: the watch works but I miss the commentary :sweat_smile:
Regardless the weather was perfect for this run and the rain held off :blush: great course, I love the loop back to the start point, Super helpful and I topped up my water :+1: I hope for more figure 8s in the future, far superior to out and backs.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that the RunGo app is being so flaky for you, and definitely let us know if reinstalling cleans it up. But yes, it’s always worth making sure you know the course or have a GPX file loaded.

1 Like

Story

A cool, wet evening is a good excuse to stay off the trails and do a hard run on a longer road course. I planned on running in the 6:25-6:30 pace range (a little bit slower than my Daniels M pace), or maybe a bit faster if I felt good.

I banked some time on the downhill Black Diamond start with a couple of 6:13 miles. The climb up Kraft Road is the toughest part of the course and resulted in my slowest mile of the day in 6:45. It was good to get that over with early. Over the next few miles I got into a flow state and just enjoyed the feeling of cruising down the road. As I passed the parking area I felt great and knew that I’d be able to pick up the pace on the second loop.

Falls Road is not steep but it is a long climb. Partway up I started to feel the cumulative effects of the run. The pace wasn’t coming so easily anymore, but I was more than halfway done and it was a net downhill to the finish. On Main Street I was hoping to get a reading on the radar speed sign, but alas cars were coming so it read their speeds instead of mine.

I made the left onto South Street and was dismayed to find a headwind. I pushed through it to the course’s titular road and got ready to make a final push for the finish. At mile 10 a side stitch slowed me a bit but I worked through it and ran the 11th mile in 5:54. I sprinted down the last bit of road to the parking lot, but the trail leading to the sign was so slick with mud that I dared not take it at full speed. I was happy to finish a bit sooner than I expected in 1:10:29 (6:19 pace).

This might be my favorite course of the Challenge so far. It’s a good tour of easy trails through the woods, quiet country roads, and a nice small town. It’s a good feeling to be able to experience all of those different places just by moving your feet.

1 Like