Second call for FLRC’s June 18 track meet at Lansing High School at 6 PM

It’s a busy time of year, but if you’re free next Tuesday evening, it’s going to be a hot night on the track. Our evening track meet at Lansing High School starts at 6 PM. Track meets are family-friendly events and all ages and abilities are welcome—the first heat of the night is often the 100m toddle for the youngest kids. When you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete against one another.

• Events: The June events will be the 100m, 1600m, 200m, 400m, in that order, plus the long jump, high jump, shot put, and discus throughout (thanks to Team SOAR and the Groton Project for managing the field events). We’ll also have a 4x200m relay that you’ll sign up for at the meet. Register today—there is no day-of-race registration.

• Volunteer: If you’re not running or only want to do one event, we could use a few more people to help with the jumps and throws. Volunteers also get post-meet subs and a brightly colored T-shirt. To volunteer, please sign up in Helper Helper (or email me).

• New to track? If you’ve never run a track meet before, or never run one of ours, check out our First-Timer’s FAQ for Track Meets. If you have additional questions, just ask!

• Easier registration: Our Webscorer registration system worked well this winter, but reply here or email me at ace@tidbits.com if you have issues. Also contact me if you need a new club or school team added to the menu.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you at the Lansing High School track on Tuesday, June 18!