Skunkday is fast approaching. More course marshals needed and beware road closures

Good day, everyone,

We’re gearing up for our largest Skunk Cabbage since the pandemic, with over 800 runners registered. Registration remains open, and you can even register on race day by going to the Leone Timing table in Barton.

Course Marshals Needed!

More important than a few more runners are a few more course marshals. I’m almost to the point of having one person at all the course marshal spots (Ellis Hollow Creek and Ringwood, a particularly easy spot, is still empty). But some intersections need two people, and working with someone else is always more fun. And most of the course marshal spots are great for cheering for runners. Please, if you or a friend or family member can help on Sunday morning, please sign up in Helper Helper before I have to juggle assignments for optimal coverage.

Beware Road Closures and Congestion

Also, please help spread the word that:

• Game Farm Road, Stevenson Road, and Dodge Road are closed for through traffic (residents can come and go).
  • Turkey Hill Road and Ellis Hollow Creek Road remain open, but will have runners going in both directions from 9:15 through 10:45.

We’ve done a lot of stuff to warn residents and regular commuters in those areas, but if you know anyone who drives in that area on a Sunday morning, please ask them to avoid the course. The map below shows closed roads in red and open roads in yellow.

I hope to see lots of you running and volunteering on Sunday!

1 Like

Hi Adam, should course marshals go straight to the intersection that they signed up for at 8:00 , or check in at Barton hall first?

No, they should come to Barton to get safety vests and flags—I’ll send you and Ian the course marshal guide separately.