Herb Engman writes:
Runners make great volunteers for the Special Olympics. I volunteered last year and was impressed with the enthusiasm of the athletes. It was also a lot of fun. Can someone forward this to FLRC and any others which might be appropriate? Many thanks.
Summer season for Special Olympics NY has begun! We are already planning for 2023 Summer Games, June 9-10 in Ithaca and need your help.
How to sign up:
- Visit our volunteer portal
- Create a profile or sign into your profile
- On the red bar at the top of the page, hover over Volunteer Opportunities and select “Search Events”
- Select the event “2023 State Summer Games-Ithaca-June 9-10”
- Press Search
- Sign up for volunteer job(s) of choice
What to expect:
- Once you have selected volunteer job(s), your assignment is “pending”. Our staff processes all selections. Please save the date.
- Please keep in mind that in some cases, your assignment may changed to best suit our athletes’ needs.
- Registered volunteers will receive assignment information prior to Summer Games.
- Training is on-site.
Please email me with your group details: name, expected numbers of volunteers, volunteer ages, and volunteer job(s) you are interested in.
Want to help even more?
We need the community’s support in recruiting 400+ volunteers. If you can help spread the word to your family, friends, classmates, teammates or colleagues, please reach out. We can provide materials for you to share.
Feel free to reply back.
Thank you, we hope to have your help!
Sara Massa | Associate Director of Program, Sports
SPECIAL OLYMPICS NEW YORK
94 New Karner Road, Suite 208, Albany, NY 12203