Special Olympics volunteers needed in Ithaca June 14-15

Herb Engman writes:

I highly recommend Special Olympics as a volunteer event for runners. I can’t go this year because of a niece’s wedding out of state, but I have volunteered several times in the past. Could this be posted to the FLRC forum? Thanks.

Herb

Volunteers are needed for Special Olympics New York’s 2024 State Summer Games, June 14-15 in Ithaca. Will you join the Ithaca community in supporting athletes from across the state?

From Opening Ceremonies Friday night to thrilling competition in eight sports Saturday, State Games is an event you won’t want to miss. Join the movement as an individual volunteer. Or form a group with your organization, team, community group or family for a rewarding team-building opportunity. All volunteers must be age 13 or older; those ages 13 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult.

Competitions include athletics (track & field), basketball, bowling, gymnastics, powerlifting, swimming, tennis, and volleyball. Click here for details and volunteer sign up.

Registered volunteers will receive a link for our online store. We have a volunteer shirt available for purchase. The proceeds support our Summer Games. Those who register and order the shirt by Friday, May 24th will be able to receive the shirt in time to wear to games!

Hope to see you at the games!

Sara Massa | Associate Director of Program, Sports
SPECIAL OLYMPICS NEW YORK
94 New Karner Road, Suite 208, Albany, NY 12203
smassa@nyso.org