The 2024 Winter Chill’s a Wrap!

Chillers and FLRC Members,

The 2024 Winter Chill is in the books. Thank you to all of you who participated! We enjoyed a variety of weather throughout the four-race (three-race) series, but smiles and camaraderie were a common thread.

The series’ top finisher was Ryan Lohr. The top female finishers were Caitlin Loehr, Hillary Creedon, and Amy Dawson. The top 3 male finishers were Ryan Lohr, Jon Lewis, and Dan Scales. 28 people participated in all three events and qualified for a random drawing for priceless artifacts after the last race!

I’d like to give a very big thank you to all the volunteers, in particular Pete Kresock, who diligently carried the cone back to the finish line from the halfway point every week. The FLRC Timing Team of Adam Engst, Bob Talda, Jesse Koenecke, Bethany Schiller, and Heather Cobb made my life so much easier. Thank you to Caitlin Loehr and Dina Maxwell for the snacks and drinks. Thank you to Diana Hackett, Jamie Slater, and Jonah Schumacher for handing out bibs and merch, and to Gary McCheyne for helping out the week I couldn’t make it.

Full results from the series are now available.

Until next year – Sarah Drumheller

4 Likes

Bob Riter took photos at a few of the races, so please check out our Yogile albums and see if you can find yourself! We’d also love to see your own photos; feel free to upload to the corresponding race album.

2 Likes