The Winter Chill 5K Series returns in January!

Good day, runners!

We’re pleased to say that the Winter Chill 5K Series will be back, starting on Sunday, January 9th at 11 AM, and running for the remaining Sundays in January: the 16th, 23rd, and 30th. There’s no predicting how cold it may be down at Cass Park, but everyone will receive a warm welcome!

As in the past, registering for the Winter Chill 5K series is free, but you must be an FLRC club member. If you’re new to the club or your membership has lapsed during the pandemic, join or renew online today, since there won’t be an option to sign up at the race. (It’s cold, and no one wants to handle paper!) Once that’s set, register for the series—you’ll be signed up for all four races and will use the same bib number for all of them, but you can skip any individual race that doesn’t fit your schedule.

On the last screen of the registration, note that you can purchase a highly attractive Winter Chill long-sleeved T-shirt with your favorite bird on the front, along with knit and fleece FLRC hats that help you fly the FLRC flag while keeping your ears warm.

Tell your friends, sign up your family, and start planning your wardrobe. For 2022, each race will have a different color and your mission, unless you want to stick out like a sore thumb, is to wear as much clothing of that color as your outer layer. (Inner layer is fine too, but we won’t be checking, thank you very much.)

See you soon, Chillers! -Sarah

1 Like

None of the actual merchandise showed up on the final registration page when I registered.

Those custom questions show up for me, but you have to pay attention since they appear above our standard COVID-19 questions and aren’t super obvious. Since Webscorer requires clicking through for each race in the series, it’s easy to miss them on the screen for Race #4. This is what you’re looking for.

Now that I think about it, I can remove the COVID-19 questions from all but the last race (since everyone has to go through that one, so we can assume the answers apply to all four races), which won’t make the fourth race questions any more readable, but it will reduce the repetition of seeing those questions three times beforehand.

@adamengst Is is possible to access this now after one has already registered? Admittedly, if it was on race #4 I likely did blow past it without even realizing it.

Just register again—I’ve deleted your first registration (which had a typo in your name anyway :slight_smile: )