To get Community Stars, your FLRC forum and leaderboard names must match

Hey @Challengers! While helping some folks with their stars not appearing on the leaderboard, @steve-desmond reminded me that the leaderboard figures out who has posted by matching the leaderboard name (what you entered in Webscorer when you registered) with your forum name (which may be random based on how your account was created). Luckily, it’s super simple to change your forum name.

1. Go to your forum Account page
  2. Scroll down to the Name field and enter your name from the leaderboard.
  3. Click the Save Changes button.

While you’re on that Account page, you can also change your username. That’s the @name that others use to notify you of a post. Many people ended up with their email username in that spot, so if yours is something inscrutable like @ail27, click the pencil icon next to the Username and change it to something that identifies you, like @adamengst. I strongly recommend that you do this if you’re using the FLRC forum regularly. (Discourse will update all previous mentions of your old username throughout; it’s clever that way.)

If you would prefer a different leaderboard name—say “Bill Gates” instead of “William H. Gates”—I can make that change for you. Just contact me separately, and I’ll fix it for you.

If names of tech entrepreneurs are up for grabs as Leaderboard names, I’ll take Buckminster Fuller :grinning: