Town of Lansing Parks, Recreation, and Trails Master Plan virtual public workshop

For anyone who lives or runs in Lansing, I received a notice of a virtual public workshop being put on by the Town of Lansing Parks, Recreation and Trails on Thursday, February 25th from 6-8 PM via Zoom. They write:

The Town of Lansing invites community members and stakeholders to participate in a Virtual Public Workshop to gather input related to needs and opportunities concerning Lansing parks, recreation, trails and programs.

Learn more and register at https://www.lansingparksandtrailsplan.com/

Perhaps of interest @becca-lovenheim, @kag22, @Simon_Ingall, @Tristan_Lambert, and @sn243? It would be great to have someone lobbying for more in the way of running trails in Lansing.

Lansing Public Workshop #1 Flyer.pdf (188.3 KB)

Much of the meeting involved gathering ideas to improve the currently owned parks and recreation areas in Lansing. Ideas included adding access to wooded areas, connecting Ithaca and Lansing by trail, tree top trail or observation tower, adding trail usage along Salmon Creek, utilizing the railroad for railbikes, improving play areas, improving drainage in Lansing Rec area, and maintaining conservation of natural areas. Lots of good ideas, but no definitive plans in place to follow through on any them yet. I think it’s a first step at this point by involving the community in the planning process.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the report, @kag22! I’d particularly love to see a trail connecting Ithaca and Lansing, if such a thing is possible. Salmon Creek is also an awfully nice area—I’ve only biked through there, but I could imagine it being a lovely spot to run as well.

Just got notification of another virtual public workshop for those interested in trails in Lansing—perhaps of interest to @becca-lovenheim, @kag22, @Simon_Ingall, and @Tristan_Lambert?

Our team will present the draft concept plans for each park to gather feedback from the public. The meeting will be a webinar with interactive polling throughout the presentation followed by Q&A. Registration is required – there is a link on the flyer as well as the project website at https://www.lansingparksandtrailsplan.com/

Also, I will be hosting a pop-up table at the Town Hall/Ball Fields this Saturday, 6/5 starting at 9:00 am to take advantage of all the activities happening. The purpose is to inform the public of the project (if they are not already aware) and promote the public meeting. Please stop by to say hello!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Jackie

Jaclyn S. Hakes, AICP
Associate / Director of Planning Services

Lansing Public Workshop #2 Flyer.pdf (117.3 KB)