Two Hollows Monster Marathon and Half

It’s trail running season!!

Now that Thom B. Trail Race is in the books, it’s time to think about upcoming races. Make sure to register for the Two Hollows Monster Marathon and Half which has been totally redesigned and relocated back to the Kennedy State Forest in the Virgil, NY area. The course will traverse single-track trails including the Finger Lakes Trail along with corresponding “International” branch trails, and are some of the most beautiful in the area that you may have never run on. The course is a double out and back—first heading east and later heading west—which will allow runners to encounter others chasing them throughout the race. We will continue the tradition of age/gender start times. It’s also a great tune-up race for those who will be running the Virgil Crest races the very next weekend on other trails in the Kennedy State Forest.

All the Info: Two Hollows Monster Marathon and Half Marathon

Register: on UltraSignup

When: Sunday, September 3, 2023, with start time determined by age and gender; see the charts on the race info site.

Where: The race will take place on beautiful single-track trails in the Kennedy State Forest that you may have not encountered before. See maps on the race info site.

Awards: There will be prizes five deep for each race. The age/gender head starts level the playing field, so there will be no separate awards for male, female, nonbinary, or age group categories. Every finisher will, however, receive a bit of finisher’s swag.

Food: There will be ample aid stations on the course (cups will not be provided so carry a hydration vessel such as vest, bottle, or collapsible cup). We will also have after-race food available.

Volunteer: if you’re not running, please consider volunteering. We’ll be setting up an online volunteer platform and sending info out soon.

Take a look at the race and if you have any questions, please let us know.

See you at Two Hollows Monster!
Nancy Kleinrock
Steve Shaum
Steve Vanek
Co-RDs

5 Likes

I am really hoping to get a chance to run this race this year. It is the only race in the series I missed out on last year. I am really excited about the change of location.

1 Like

I am hoping to run it too. The new location is exciting.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Important dates for the Two Hollows Monster Marathon and Half