Volunteer assignments for FLRC's February 23rd track meet

Here’s what I’m hoping everyone can do. Let me know if the timing doesn’t work for you and I can swap someone.

Setup (arrive at Barton at 7:30 AM)

• Me, Bill Watson, Tonya Engst : Equipment unloading, tables and chairs, and moving of any mats or basketball hoops
  • Me: Computer, printer, big clock, and Time Machine setup
  • Me: Set up and test PA system
  • Bill, Tonya: Post heat time signs and forms, hang the banner, distribute cones on the inside of lane 3 straightaway.
  • Anyone else who wants to help, feel free to come early!

Registration (arrive at 7:55 AM before runners start coming at 8:00 AM)

• Jesse Koennecke and Tonya Engst: Hand out bib numbers to pre-registrants, take money, and coordinate day-of-race people
  • Jullien Flynn: Enter day-of registrants into Meet Manager
  • Tom Rishel: Check the starting pistol
  • Mickie Sanders-Jauquet: Clothing sales throughout the meet
  • Me: Deal with teams and the usual unexpected requests
  • Everyone else: Continue to make sure everything is set up

Finish Line Crew (arrive at 8:30 AM before the first race at 9:00 AM)

Finish Line

• Tom Rishel: Starter for each race and manager of the finish line cones
  • Adam Pacheck?: Record finisher bibs at the end of non-sprint races (with help from Andrew Weishaar )
  • Henry Deitcher and Aaron Proujansky: Lap counter and bell ringer for longer races

Heat Management

• Bill Watson: Head clerk of course with master seeding sheet
  • Lorrie Tily: Assistant clerk and runner wrangler (line up race starts)

Timing

• Bob Talda and Ved Gund: Head timer on the Time Machine, starting and finishing every race
  • Henry Deitcher and Aaron Proujansky: Backup timing with a Seiko, staple finisher sheets and deliver to results team
  • Thumbs for lane-timed races: Ved, Andrew, Aaron, Adam, Jesse, Bob, innocent bystanders

Results & Admin

• Jullien Flynn: Seeding and results
  • Tonya Engst: Rolling bib pickup through the meet, and seed heats for relays with cards
  • Me: Announcements and general management

(Some of these assignments are just suggestions; we can swap on the day if you’d rather do something different.)

Does that sound good? Any questions or concerns?

In terms of food for volunteers, I’ll get some bananas and apples and fig newton-like bars, along with six cinnamon raisin bagels and cream cheese. Anything other easy-to-eat food you’d like?

See you Sunday!

Updated slightly to add Henry Deitcher and remove Carl Franck and Truck Rossiter, who can’t make it.

Updated again to add Lorrie Tily to the clerking team and slot Andrew Weishaar (likely) and Aaron Proujansky (depending on how he’s feeling) into recording race finishers if Adam Pacheck can’t make it.

I can make the meet now - we’re submitting the paper elsewhere later. I can help with whatever is needed. Kristine is not around this weekend to help though.

Thanks, Adam—looks like Aaron can make it too, so we’re good on volunteers. See you all soon!