Good day, @track-volunteers! Our second meet of the summer is coming up on August 17th. Here’s the spreadsheet I’ll be filling in as people respond with their availability. Note that it’s fine to run a race at the meet as well as volunteering—my goal is always to have someone who can fill so everyone who wants to run can.
Some specifics notes/requests:
- Becca Lovenheim, I’m hoping you can get the PA system set up for us.
- Tom Rishel has already said that he can be our starter again.
- Tonya Engst has agreed to hand out bibs and be a general race admin.
- Josh Brockner, can you take a turn as head timer, run the Time Machine, and manage thumbs?
- Dave Kania, can you run Meet Manager and be the results clerk?
- Bill Watson, assuming you’ve gotten any sleep in the last month, are you available to be Head Clerk?
- Laurel Gilmer, with Adam Pacheck away on a trip, are you game for recording finishers?
- Bob Talda, Jesse Koenecke, Truck Rossiter, Sandy Gregorich, Carl Franck—if you can make it, your experience and ability to back up many of the above jobs is always welcome!
Everyone else, just reply here if you’re free and would like to help out. Although many track volunteer jobs are somewhat specialized, the best way to learn is by assisting someone who has done it before.