Good day, @track-volunteers! Our first meet since February 2020 is coming up in two weeks, and it’s time to exercise our thumbs, make sure the starting gun still fires, and see if we can remember how to seed races.
I’m trying something new to track volunteer assignments this year, with a shared spreadsheet that everyone can see as I fill it in. It also summarizes tasks and includes arrival times (since setup happens before some people can get off work). Note that it’s fine to run a race at the meet as well as volunteering—my goal is always to have someone who can fill so everyone who wants to run can.
Some specifics notes/requests:
- Becca Lovenheim, I’m hoping you can get the PA system set up for us.
- Tom Rishel has already said that he can be our starter again.
- Tonya Engst has agreed to hand out bibs and be a general race admin.
- Josh Brockner, can you be head timer, run the Time Machine, and manage thumbs?
- Ved Gund, are you up for joining us to run Meet Manager and be the results clerk? Perhaps with help from Jullien, if she’s still around and has time to hang out.
- Bill Watson, I know we’re around baby arrival time—are you available to be Head Clerk?
- Adam Pacheck, are you game for recording finishers apart from your 1-mile race?
- Bob Talda, Jesse Koenecke, Truck Rossiter, Sandy Gregorich, Carl Franck—if you can make it, your experience and ability to back up many of the above jobs is always welcome!
Everyone else, just reply here if you’re free and would like to help out. Although many track volunteer jobs are somewhat specialized, the best way to learn is by assisting someone who has done it before.