Why it’s now Skunk signup time: Run, volunteer, and spread the word!

It’s just one month until the Skunk Cabbage Classic 10K and Half Marathon on Sunday, April 2nd. As FLRC’s largest race, Skunk provides funding for club operations (like our website and forum), philanthropy (like supporting youth running programs and trail organizations), and keeping race fees low. Numerous volunteers make Skunk possible, and with this as my first time directing the race, I’m looking forward to working with everyone to manage traffic, hand out bibs and shirts, prep food, and more.

Here is what I’d like you to do:

• Register: If you want to run Skunk and haven’t already signed up, please register as soon as you can. We’ll be ordering the post-race food next week, and it would be helpful to include you when we estimate quantities. Also, time is running out for you to get a personalized bib number.

• Volunteer: Not running? Volunteering is a fantastic way to “do Skunk.” To join the fun, sign up for “opportunities” that interest you in our new Helper Helper volunteer coordination tool or email me to be added manually. We hope to give a Skunkadelic shirt to volunteers who want one, though we may have to place a second order.

• Spread the word: Tell your friends about Skunk in person and on social media! It would also help if you could print and post the Skunk flyer on bulletin boards you see regularly. For social media, you can use the image below or post a photo of you running Skunk last year.

Skunk is an all-club event, and I’d love to see everyone there—running, volunteering, or cheering (or all three!). Right now, registrations aren’t as high as I’d prefer for our community. I hope we can turn that around soon—as a first-time race director for Skunk, I’m kinda nervous. :grimacing: Thank you!

I shared on my Facebook page!

3 Likes