Winter Chill #1 is on Sunday, January 7

Greetings Chillers!

I hope you have your blue clothes ready for tomorrow’s kickoff to the Winter Chill series. I’m hoping to get a pretty cool photo. I will be there by 10:15 for bib pick-up. If you haven’t already signed up for the series, please register before 6 pm TONIGHT so we can assign bibs.

Registering for the Winter Chill 5K series is free, but you must be an FLRC club member. If you’re new to the club or your membership has lapsed, join or renew online today, since there won’t be an option to sign up at the race. (It’s cold, and no one wants to handle paper!) Once that’s set, register for the series—you’ll be signed up for the three remaining races and will use the same bib number for all of them, but you can skip any individual race that doesn’t fit your schedule.

A few things of note:

• Weather and trail conditions could be adverse, please dress accordingly.
  • Please do not park in the lot next to the ice rink. You may park in the lot behind the rink, between the sport fields, where the race will start and end.
  • Save your bib after the race as you will need it for the next race.
  • Bathrooms are accessed from the outside, behind Cass Park Rink.
  • Light refreshments will be served after the race.

-Sarah Drumheller

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Timing Team for Winter Chill and Super Frosty Loomis 2024

With the big snow predicted for today and tonight, we’re starting to get some questions about Winter Chill tomorrow. The race is a celebration of winter weather, so we’re not going to cancel just because it’s snowy. (Perhaps wear trail shoes and bring microspikes or snowshoes if you have them, since the path will almost certainly be snow-covered.)

However, we don’t want to encourage people to drive if road conditions would make travel hazardous. It’s impossible to predict whether that will be true given this storm’s variability and timing—even if it’s a lot of snow, the road crews may have cleared everything in time.

Race director Sarah Drumheller and I will make a decision tomorrow morning and email all registered runners and volunteers by 9:15 AM if we decide to cancel. Otherwise, the race starts at 11 and bib pickup opens around 10:15.