2022 FLRC Challenge completed!

And I’m just catching up on our FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge completions now, but props to Jami Landry, Paul Maza, and Damian Clemons for polishing off the Challenge in a single day!

1 Like

Kudos to Liz Hartman (@lizhartman), who has become the fifth person in the @Challengers to complete all ten courses, with a Long Loomis and Lansing Center Trail double on Saturday!

That also puts Liz in the Most Points lead for women and the lead for Age Grade. Will she be able to hold onto those leads with Caitlin Loehr (fresh off an overall win at the Women’s Distance Festival 5K) with nine courses done and only Lick Brook & Treman FLT to go?

Liz is also going to be competing in two age groups this year, since she turns 40 in less than a month. So both 30-39 and 40-49 women are going to have to work to catch her.

2 Likes

Yeah Liz!! Congrats

Congrats Liz!

Congratulations Liz. Those are some great completion times as well.

@Challengers Congratulations to our next two FLRC Challenge finishers—Jamie Loehr (@Jamie) and Caitlin Loehr (@caitlin-loehr), who completed Lick Brook & Treman FLT for their final course. It’s a tough one, for sure, as their reports convey, but that makes surmounting the challenge all the sweeter. Great work, you two, and I promise to get at least some initial RunGo directions done very soon.

2 Likes

Congrats you two!!

Congrats!

Congrats Liz!

Two more completions already this morning to bring us to ten overall! Congrats first to Melissa Wallace (@melissawallace) — who you may also see timing FLRC races as a member of our Timing Team — for finishing off the long Brookton Hill & Dale road course this morning to earn her Challenge medal. And a few hours later, Cornell grad student Molly Doruska (@mdoruska3) cruised through the tough Lick Brook & Treman FLT course for her finisher medal. Nice work!

1 Like

Nicely done Melissa and Molly!

1 Like

Hey, y’all are amazing! I’ve not got a single Challenge course in yet and you’ve done all of 'em! Sheesh! Congrats! Love reading all the “Community Stars” posts! Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

@CharlieF stop hopping the barricade on the Dryden Rail Trail and you’d have one!

1 Like

Hey thanks! I really liked this year’s courses. The FLT is the one I really want to do again. Also I just realized I finished the challenge on May 15 last year so I managed to be one day ahead of myself this year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But…but…the trail is always smoother on the other side of the fence!

@Challengers, FLRC Challenge completions now go to 11, courtesy of Bill Begeal, who adopted a one-and-done approach to cruise through all ten courses, running two each weekend day for the last few weeks. He finished off this weekend with Lick Brook & Treman FLT on Saturday and a snappy Sweet 1600 on Sunday. Congrats, Bill!

2 Likes

Congrats Bill!

Congrats!

With some kind words from her final Brookton Hill & Dale course, Benedetta Carnaghi (@Benedetta_Carnaghi) has now completed the FLRC Challenge for 2022! Congratulations on working up to those long courses, Benedetta, and we’ll miss you in next year’s Challenge (unless you can fly in from Ireland sometime for a week of running)!

2 Likes

Maybe we can convince her to go for 100k next year on a quick weekend getaway! Congrats Benedetta!

1 Like