2022 FLRC Challenge completed!

Talk about focus! Congratulations to Rebecca Lambert (@rebeccamlambert) for this year’s first FLRC Challenge completion, which she finished in style yesterday on a Taughannock Rim & Falls run with her son, after just 10 days. It wasn’t quite one course per day, since she took April 19th off, but doubled on April 25th to finish it off (and enjoyed Long Loomis twice on the 23rd).

Heather Cobb isn’t too far behind, with seven courses done, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see her finish by the weekend, and Molly Doruska, Tristan Lambert, and Melissa Wallace are all half done.

Last year, Jamie Loehr was our first finisher in 37 days. It was a different situation, though, since last year’s FLRC Challenge opened on February 20th with just two courses, and the final Forest Frolic course didn’t open until April 10th. Jamie ran Frolic on April 11th and Tortoise & Hare on April 13th for his last courses.

Kudos to Rebecca for showing us how it’s done, and I’ll continue acknowledging completion achievements here for the rest of the Challenge. When will you claim your FLRC Challenge medal?

5 Likes

Congrats @rebeccamlambert ! I’ll admit I was kind of chasing you for first to finish, so thank you for the motivation (which I kind of lost after I saw this post haha).

2 Likes

@Challengers, the indefatigable Heather Cobb (@heathercobb3) is now the second person to complete the 2022 FLRC Challenge—congratulations, Heather! She methodically worked her way through the courses, finishing with today’s massive group run at Taughannock Rim & Falls.

Although lots of people are queued up at 7 runs each, I have a feeling that our next completions will come from those finishing the FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge today.

6 Likes

Congratulations, @heathercobb3 ! I’m sorry I missed you today.

1 Like

Thanks @Dina_Maxwell ! We’ll have to meet up at a course soon!

I was chasing Rebecca, but since I am slightly injured, I didn’t push it. Gave it a good effort last week just in time to not have time to run this week as I move to a new apartment.

Congrats @heathercobb3 !!

1 Like

Here’s Heather finishing the T. Rim Trail course.

6 Likes

Thanks @sryan004 ! Very cool to have a pic of my finish.

1 Like

Congrats @heathercobb3 ! You’re amazing!:muscle:

1 Like

Congratulations!

And I’m just catching up on our FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge completions now, but props to Jami Landry, Paul Maza, and Damian Clemons for polishing off the Challenge in a single day!

1 Like

Kudos to Liz Hartman (@lizhartman), who has become the fifth person in the @Challengers to complete all ten courses, with a Long Loomis and Lansing Center Trail double on Saturday!

That also puts Liz in the Most Points lead for women and the lead for Age Grade. Will she be able to hold onto those leads with Caitlin Loehr (fresh off an overall win at the Women’s Distance Festival 5K) with nine courses done and only Lick Brook & Treman FLT to go?

Liz is also going to be competing in two age groups this year, since she turns 40 in less than a month. So both 30-39 and 40-49 women are going to have to work to catch her.

2 Likes

Yeah Liz!! Congrats

Congrats Liz!

Congratulations Liz. Those are some great completion times as well.

@Challengers Congratulations to our next two FLRC Challenge finishers—Jamie Loehr (@Jamie) and Caitlin Loehr (@caitlin-loehr), who completed Lick Brook & Treman FLT for their final course. It’s a tough one, for sure, as their reports convey, but that makes surmounting the challenge all the sweeter. Great work, you two, and I promise to get at least some initial RunGo directions done very soon.

2 Likes

Congrats you two!!

Congrats!

Congrats Liz!

Two more completions already this morning to bring us to ten overall! Congrats first to Melissa Wallace (@melissawallace) — who you may also see timing FLRC races as a member of our Timing Team — for finishing off the long Brookton Hill & Dale road course this morning to earn her Challenge medal. And a few hours later, Cornell grad student Molly Doruska (@mdoruska3) cruised through the tough Lick Brook & Treman FLT course for her finisher medal. Nice work!

1 Like