2022 FLRC Challenge completed!

Nicely done Melissa and Molly!

1 Like

Hey, y’all are amazing! I’ve not got a single Challenge course in yet and you’ve done all of 'em! Sheesh! Congrats! Love reading all the “Community Stars” posts! Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

@CharlieF stop hopping the barricade on the Dryden Rail Trail and you’d have one!

1 Like

Hey thanks! I really liked this year’s courses. The FLT is the one I really want to do again. Also I just realized I finished the challenge on May 15 last year so I managed to be one day ahead of myself this year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But…but…the trail is always smoother on the other side of the fence!

@Challengers, FLRC Challenge completions now go to 11, courtesy of Bill Begeal, who adopted a one-and-done approach to cruise through all ten courses, running two each weekend day for the last few weeks. He finished off this weekend with Lick Brook & Treman FLT on Saturday and a snappy Sweet 1600 on Sunday. Congrats, Bill!

2 Likes

Congrats Bill!

Congrats!

With some kind words from her final Brookton Hill & Dale course, Benedetta Carnaghi (@Benedetta_Carnaghi) has now completed the FLRC Challenge for 2022! Congratulations on working up to those long courses, Benedetta, and we’ll miss you in next year’s Challenge (unless you can fly in from Ireland sometime for a week of running)!

2 Likes

Maybe we can convince her to go for 100k next year on a quick weekend getaway! Congrats Benedetta!

1 Like

Congrats Benedetta, and also a belated congratulations to Bill, Melissa, and Molly!

1 Like

Hahaha only if you decide to do another ultra challenge @heathercobb3 :heart: in that case, I will tag along! :wink:

1 Like

I’m still waiting on the anouncement for the 100k group run. Who’s going to host that?

1 Like

Who’s got an RV? :slight_smile:

Congrats to Kris Haines-Sharp (@krishainessharp), our latest FLRC Challenge finisher! She methodically worked her way through all the courses, finishing up with Brookton Hill & Dale and Lick Brook & Treman FLT, as so many of us are doing. That also moved her into third place overall in the Age Grade competition.

We’re now up to 13 finishers, with 6 more @Challengers waiting in the wings with just one more course to complete.

3 Likes

Congrats Kris! :tada:

Congrats Kris!

@Challengers, Props to FLRC VP of Trails Pete Kresock (@Petorius) for completing his FLRC Challenge on the Jim Schug Trail yesterday! Once again, Pete commemorated the occasion with song lyrics—who’s game for singing this at the picnic?

3 Likes

Congrats Pete!

@Challengers, in a day with the most glorious weather ever, we had three FLRC Challenge completions on Saturday! Congratulations first to Bob Walters (@Bwalters), who tackled Lick Brook & Treman FLT for his final course, presumably intersecting with Cayuga Trails 50 in the process. Bob’s our oldest finisher so far at 63, but with Ruth Sproul (70) and Steve Ryan (71) both at nine courses, that won’t last long.

Next up were the dynamic duo of Scott Dawson (@scottpdawson) and Amy Dawson (@amy-dawson), who logged a triple-effort day. First they ran Brookton Hill & Dale, which Scott still needed, then they hiked their home Taughannock course, and then they capped it off with Sweet 1600s on the Trumansburg track. That put Scott in the lead for Most Points for men AND Most Miles, with Amy only 0.3 miles behind him. And while there was a small amount of complaining about being tired, they managed to run today’s group run on the East Hill Dryden Rail Trail as well.

Great work, you three!

4 Likes