Backstretch Bingo Day 1: Strength or Stretch

Strength or Stretch: Incorporate strength training or a yoga stretch session into your daily workout—take a photo of your workout space to share.

Well, after shoveling all that snow (a workout in itself) I had a lovely mini yoga/stretching session right here on the floor with my partner in crime. Happy Day 1!

7 Likes

15 mins of foam rolling and stretching out tight ski muscles after a morning in the snow! Well supervised by Sam-dog who rarely bothers stretching unless it’s up a tree after a rogue squirrel.

6 Likes

My beloved mat.

5 Likes

There may be some skiing later, but I’m claiming a full-on strength and cardio workout getting out of the house. This is just the stairs to the garage. :snowman_with_snow:

If there are any mad genius mechanical engineers out there, I’ve also come up with the next million-dollar idea—a smart snow shovel that records how many pounds of snow you’ve moved. Let’s gamify shoveling! Or maybe Apple could build a Shoveling workout into the Apple Watch’s Workout app.

6 Likes

My personal trainer helping me stretch after a snowy run.

6 Likes

Yoga and stretching today. :blush:

2 Likes

Stretch and roll.

4 Likes

Melissa Wood iPhone app 12-minute Abs workout, playing via Apple TV to the big screen, with Polly the cat “helping” (by the time I got the app running, Polly was napping on the couch, so I couldn’t get a photo with all the details).

3 Likes

The only way I stay warm in the winter :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Does shoveling count for strength? :crazy_face: this was yesterday’s workout space got me so wiped I couldn’t even run :joy:

4 Likes

Hip exercises and 15 mins of stretching after my long run!

4 Likes

Nice! Good to see you fly by while I was out walking. :blush:

@Jamie_Love - I say shoveling definitely counts!

3 Likes

Stretch done! No picture. Found out today I have a lazy right glute and could absolutely tell - my right leg and glute are super tight (with the added disaster of a shin splint). This was definitely needed. (Also did a 50 second wall sit and 1 minute plank.)

2 Likes

Reuniting with old friends

My four year old showing me how it’s done

2 Likes

Strength training at FLX Fitclub’s Body Pump class.