Finger Lakes Running & Triathlon Company needs our support

Hi running friends! I wanted to take a moment to share a video I received from the Finger Lakes Running & Triathlon Company. Many of you know Ian Golden who is not only an expert in all things running but also extremely generous and supportive. This is a great time to send back some positivity his way which will also benefit us as a running community.

See the below takeaway from Ian and the video he shared but essentially, if we can help him keep his store afloat through this difficult time (for example through a gift card purchase), then we will have the amazing benefit of having his store in our community. Think of it - without his shop, where would we go when we realized we were out of race-day fuel and didn’t have time to order it in the mail? Where could we try on shoes and get expert advice before buying them? And, so much more.

“The Takeaway…for those who open this in time, we’ll be open from 11 - 5 on Sunday, March 22nd. At that point, without further legislative action, our lights are mandated to shut off. We’re unsure where things go from here, or if we’ll make it out the other end. Just a short message to say we’re thinking of all of you, a thanks for your support, and, in the interim, if at all inclined to find a way to support us in the weeks ahead, consider purchasing a gift card from our website.”

3 Likes

I just came across an idea that Trails Roc is doing for Rochester running stores. Any interest here?

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea, Ellie. I’ll raise it with the FLRC @board at its April 8th meeting.

Ian- I will probably need a new pair of Brooks Glycerins, size 8 in the near future, if the world doesn’t end. Let me know when you have them- Joe Daley

Glad you’re back in the U.S., Joe! Ian may not see this, but as a tip, the best way to make sure someone is notified is to @mention them in your message. Just type an @ and then start to type their name to see auto-complete suggestions. In this case @Ian should notify him.

@ian@flrtc.com Ian- I will probably need a new pair of Brooks Glycerins, size 8 in the near future, if the world doesn’t end. Let me know when you have them- Joe Daley