Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 3 begins Sunday, 12/6

Thanks for the info Nancy. I had wondered about the different number.

1 Like

“Happy Hanukkah,” waves Steve!

3 Likes

The truck came early this morning so nothing left in the bins.

I don’t normally eat or drink on my runs, but I made an exception on this fine snowy morning.

I had to search long and hard for this one and change my running route to include a residential neighborhood. It paid off.

The Cornell Dairy Bar came through in the end, pun intended.

My running pal, Mary, wore mismatched socks as well, in solidarity.

We quickly snapped this photo and still made the light.

I am having lots of fun with these scavenger hunts. Thanks for adding playfulness to our runs.

5 Likes

mismatched sox ! Mismatched socks-easy one
lights with intersection
For the first 30 years that I lived here, I could say that there wasn’t a traffic signal within 20 miles of my house, in any direction. Then somebody decided we needed a blinker at our downtown intersection. Here it is.
dumpster
!When you’re trying to get rid of 41 years of debris from projects both finished and unfinished, it takes a BIG trash receptacle!
Hammer gel
On longer runs I fuel with Hammer Gel. I love that it comes in big containers so I can mix the flavors and then dilute with water, which makes it easier to get down. Also, no mess with the empty packets!
Schlock
Here in Spencer, the religions that are publicly displayed are Christianity and Consumerism. Also Flag-ism. Everyone else knows to lay low,

3 Likes

Cow. She was feeling a little shy. Has been hanging around home too long in sweatpants due to covid. Didn’t feel like she was dressed for a picture and fame.

I ran with Nancy (you know, run with a friend from week 2!) and we found a recycling can.

one Menorah on a sunny day in the window

3 Likes

two different socks. Obvs!

I don’t fuel or drink during runs generally. I am not an ultra anything runner. But I do fuel up before the run mmmmmm cooofffeeeeee

Or if you want me to be more literal with the fuel. I was running past East Hill Plaza today and I saw “Fuel on my run” which is an exact quote from the list of what to find this week. I also caught a traffic light in the same shot!

4 Likes

A menorah is hard to find! Or at least it was for me.

2 Likes

Hi all! I had to be creative this week to get all of the items but I did it. It was hard to see the cows in the picture but they were very visible in-person when I ran by!

This is so much fun. Thank you, Heather!

2 Likes

Fueled by good ol’ H2O.

2 Likes

Had to “run” to the store for this.

I made this a long time ago! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My recycling bin—a great place to put all those stickers that appear in my life.

We 25K people don’t qualify for the wonderful carved cow awards at Finger Lakes 50s, but I’m still pretty happy with my cow sign.

2 Likes

I love reading everyone’s comments and seeing their photos. Today’s submission: my recycling bin waiting to be taken back into the house.

3 Likes

I had to run farther than I intended and up an intimidating hill in order to catch these cows. Dairy farms are fewer and larger than they used to be.

Then I got in my car to go to the store, and here was this beauty less than half a mile up the road in the other direction. I don’t think it counts though, as I wasn’t on foot.

I went in my car to catch this maid a-milking, too, but I still think I deserve the bonus points.I always buy goat milk and cheese, plus eggs & bulk grains, at Side Hill Acres in Candor, about 10 miles from me. I asked if I could visit their milking parlor and they were most welcoming Thanks, FLRC; I otherwise wouldn’t have had this experience.

4 Likes

Breakfast on the run with mini muffins.

Cows!

Had to run over 5 miles to get this light.

3 Likes

This is getting very addictive :slight_smile:

An assortment of rubbish bins:

Fuel - some water from my trusty CamelBak:

I have been failing to find Hanukkah decorations all week - when I ran past this beautifully decorated door early this morning, I may have accidentally bellowed ‘YAS’ at distinctly un-Saturday-morning levels. I apologise to anyone I woke up/terrified…

Cows!

Mismatched (though still disappointingly dull) socks:

Traffic lights:

I am having THE MOST fun. Thanks again Heather!

3 Likes

Recycling

traffic light

Fuel and mismatched socks

Stealing the ‘run’ to the store to find a cow that I left until too late.

3 Likes

I promise the cows are there in the barn right in the middle! There were a few trucks heading in and out while I was there, so didn’t want to get in their way.

Someone fueled up…

mismatched socks

Knew just the spot!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Another week down, three to go. I am so thrilled to see everyone out there, getting active and finding new places to run to seek out the items. My favorite picture this week is of @nkleinrock pointing at the garbage can - I crack up every time I see it.

Out of the 17 participants for week 3, 12 of you found all six items!

@Mkm1
@sryan004
@nkleinrock
@mickiejauquet
@julie19
@caitlin-loehr
@Sandy
@apacheck
@lizhartman
@dianahackett
@amandaking
@aaron

This week’s “race director’s choice” is going to @debbliss for finding a “maid a milking”! While this “maid” wasn’t found on a run, Deborah still made the time to see just how the cheese she purchases from Side Hill Acres Goat Farm is made. Nicely done!

The above participants will have their names entered into the drawing at the end of the event. You can continue to earn spots in the final drawing, so check out week 4’s items and keep posting!

Remember, anyone can join at any time, so encourage anyone interested to join us!

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me.

1 Like