High Noon men’s roster for PGXC #2 on 10/1/2023

Good day, @pgxc-high-noon. Our second race is this Sunday, October 1, at Cato-Meridian High School, which is about 75 minutes away. We’ll post carpool plans tomorrow, but for now, it’s time to look at the roster and beat the bushes for a few more runners. Tonya put the U19 runners on her roster this time, and the Hulsey sisters are planning to run, so we’ll have a strong U19 team.

If you don’t see your name below and are running, let me know and fill out the roster spreadsheet. And if you are listed but your plans have changed, ditto!

Open (5 to score, 9 can run)

• Christopher Petroff
  • Eliot Benman
  • Jason Jenks
  • Joesene Soto
  • Kushal Reddy
  • Mik Kern
  • Patrick Boyle
  • Patrick Milano
  • Seth Bywater

Great work on the Open team! We’re at 9 now, and if Seth’s roommate Lewis and Tyler Beck both sign up as well, we’ll break into solid A and B teams and claim another point for the club cup.

Masters (5 to score, 9 can run)

• Dave Kania
  • Jay Hubisz
  • Peter Frazier
  • Tristan Lambert

With Eric Sambolec still recovering from a back injury, we’re one guy short of a full team. I’m working on Dan Timmerman (Dave, Eric, please lean on him tonight too), and Tristan is working on Mike Stewart. Jordan, you’re still a question mark?

Vets (5 to score, 9 can run)

• Bob Swizdor
  • Jean-Luc Jannink
  • Jesse Koennecke

Alas, we’re down to three here, so if we can find two more vets, we’ll use these folks to fill out Open B and Masters teams.

Super Vets (3 to score, 5 can run)

• Bob Walters

Bob’s freelance at the moment, unless we end up bringing Ultra Vets down. Where have all the Super Vets gone?

Ultra Vets (3 to score, 5 can run)

• Charlie Fay
  • Joel Leff

Without Carl this week, we won’t have an Ultra Vets team unless we can prevail on one of our backups. Pete Dady, I hear you can easily get back in time for hashing. Rick Mazzeo?

An update on the roster, @pgxc-high-noon

With Jesse Koennecke coming down with COVID (boo!), we’re down to two Vets, so I’m going to run them down to Masters, and it looks like Jordan Varano will be joining us too, so we should have a strong Masters team.

Tyler Beck may be joining us on the Open team, which would be a big win, since he’s got top-10 speed and along with newcomer Chris Petroff, the Open team will be a lot more competitive. Plus, with so many people, I may be able to create a B team to capture another Club Cup point.

The other big question is our Ultra Vet/Super Vet team. Without Carl this week, we have only two Ultra Vets, and Pete Dady is out of town, leaving Rick Mazzeo as our last hope for an Ultra Vet team. If Charlie and Carl can’t recruit Rick, I’ll run the two Ultra Vets down to Super Vets, joining Bob Walters, so we’ll have one team or the other. If we do get an Ultra Vet team, Bob will be our wildcard to ensure we have full teams.

Remember, if you’re planning to run and haven’t already done so, you need to sign up in RunSignup and fill out a line on the roster sheet.