Last call for FLRC's August 17th track meet—pre-registration is required!

Final reminder—the club’s second track meet of the year at Lansing High School will take place on Tuesday, August 17th with 100m, 400m 800m, and 1-mile races. The forecast is looking wet, but the meet will take place even if it’s raining. Bring raincoats and umbrellas. If we determine during the meet that dangerous thunderstorms will be rolling through, we’ll cancel at that point.

As per our COVID-19 Race Safety Precautions, pre-registration via DirectAthletics is required—there is no day-of-meet registration. You can register until 12 noon on Tuesday, when bibs will be assigned and heats will be seeded. If the DirectAthletics site gives you trouble, email me your name, age, events, and seed times, along with the words “I agree to the waiver.” and I’ll add you manually.

Those who aren’t fully vaccinated must wear masks except when they’re racing. Sorry, kids!

PS: Remember to RSVP for the FLRC Annual Picnic on August 26th today since we’re placing the food order tomorrow morning!

I’m planning to come to the meet to watch! If it has to be canceled, will the cancelation go out to everyone in this forum - or only to the registrants & volunteers?

Good question. It’s unlikely that I’ll cancel the meet beforehand unless it’s painfully obvious that Lansing is going to be hammered with thunderstorms from 4:30 to 8:00 PM. But now that you’ve said something, yes, if I do decide to pull the plug before leaving for the Lansing track at 4 PM to set up, I’ll alert registered runners, volunteers, and post here for those thinking about coming to watch.

If Dark Sky’s radar forecast is anything to go by, it might actually stop raining during the meet itself, but with rain on either side. :crossed_fingers: