Food, friends, and fun at FLRC’s Annual Picnic on Thursday evening, August 26th

FLRC’s Annual Picnic is back, with food from Fitnell Farms Catering, the same people who provision Finger Lake 50s and the Monster Marathon, and beer from Liquid State Brewing, along with non-alcoholic beverages for those who prefer them.

The event is entirely free, but please RSVP on Webscorer so we know how many people to order food for. As with our races, everyone is welcome, but we ask that those who aren’t fully vaccinated wear masks to protect our community.

We’ll have thank-you gifts for our volunteers, recognition for all those who have completed the FLRC Challenge so far, and awards to present to FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge finishers Jesse Canfield and Pete Kresock (and anyone else who completes the Ultra Challenge by then, though we’d suggest waiting for cooler weather).

No running is required for this event—just food, friends, and fun at the pavilion at Upper Buttermilk State Park on Thursday, August 26th starting at 5 PM. There is a $9 parking fee that supports our state parks (who make the Tortoise & Hare and Monster Marathon and Black Diamond Trail courses available to us).

If you need directions, here’s a Google Maps pin. And if you’re looking for a carpool, just reply here and hopefully someone can give you a ride.

Maps 2021-08-09 at 11.49.21

Eamon and I are hoping to make it.
Karen

Great! Please do RSVP here so I can just go by the Webscorer spreadsheet rather than trying to remember extra people.

Thanks to everyone who joined us at the FLRC annual picnic last night! The food was great, the company was better, and a good time was had by all. With 106 people RSVPing and over 80 people showing up, it was our largest picnic in years.

Special thanks to @mickiejauquet and @gary, who helped me with the preparations, to @heathercobb3 for showing up early to help set up, and to everyone who helped us clean up and move the picnic tables back into the pavilion.

Thanks to all of you for organizing and to everyone who helped out. My family and I had a good time. I’m hoping to get the kids interested in FLRC at a (very) young age!