Long Loomis Star Posts

I’ve spent a lot of time on these Hammond trails and have never seen any evidence of bears nor heard any reports of someone spotting one. In fact I’ve only ever heard of two bear sightings in an Ithaca area forest over the past 8 years — one in Danby and one at Connecticut Hill.

1 Like

Yeah I am starting to think I just spooked myself lol. Just like when I was in Alaska visiting Jeff and saw a female moose on my walk but my brain manufactured her into a bull moose with quite the story to go with it! :joy:

Glad to hear this. I really did enjoy those trails.

Story

@xander.k.dawson needed his 10th course, and given the lack of cell phone coverage, we decided to do this one together. Really nice cool morning temperatures and it felt SO good to run this at a solid pace after my 100k completion on Sunday. I haven’t run since then so it was especially nice to be on cool singletrack, enjoying the ebbs and flows of the trail with my son.

Shop Local

I’m going to go the non-traditional route with my Shop Local this time. It’s … Maguire Subaru! We have quite the story to tell with our car situation this summer, and anyone who’s seen us driving around in a Maguire loaner for MONTHS has definitely raised their eyebrows. After this morning’s run, Xander and I stopped to return our loaner and pick up what we call “just car”. I’ll leave more for in-person storytelling!

3 Likes

Story

What a lovely morning for a hike! Met up with @dianahackett to help her cross one of her last 3 courses of the to-do list, and enjoyed a lesuirely stroll through the woods. I love this course so much and can’t wait until I can run it again.

Saw several other challengers out there, including Amanda King and @MWoods, and was able to catch up with Cat and Charlie for a bit.

Shop Local

I will be enjoying pizza and beverages at Salt Point Brewery later this evening!

1 Like