New to Ithaca - looking for workout and LR buds for Boston Marathon buildup (2:35-45)

Hi, all! Just moved here and joined the FLRC. Feel free to email me (alphonseharris@gmail.com) or text me (5135355360) if you’re interested in going for some runs. Really interested in finding some folks to do workouts and long runs with, but also happy to do some easy runs at a wide range of paces and meet new people. Don’t think I can swing the Challenge Group Run this week, but I’ll try to catch the next one.
Cheers,
Alphonse

1 Like

Great to have you in the club, Alphonse, and the group runs and upcoming races (even if you’re just doing them as training runs) will work well for getting into the community.

Volunteering at a race can also be a good way to meet people. Here’s the FLRC Volunteer Signup form. To learn about what’s involved with race volunteer tasks and how other skills would be useful, check out the FLRC Volunteer Tasks and Attributes working document.

As far as workout partners go, if you’re in the 2:35-2:45 range for the marathon, I’d encourage you to connect with @ChelseaB and @Sam_Lagasse, both of whom are training for fall marathons and are in your general pace range. (Click their names and message them directly if they don’t see this note.)

Welcome @Alphonse_Harris ! I am training for Philly Marathon and Sam is training for Boston. Always happy for a workout partner! Tomorrow I am meeting @adam.schoene at Gimme Coffee on Cayuga at 8:30am for a 75’ run with a 4 mile tempo. And Sunday is a long run of 95’. Haven’t figured out time or location for that one. I run with a small group early during the week (like 6am- eek!) and then a little later on the weekends. Feel free to email benson.chelsea@gmail.com or text (518)598-7130. Look forward to meeting you!

Thanks @adamengst and @ChelseaB! I can’t make it tomorrow morning but I can probably do Sunday if the run is also on the earlier side - I’ll email you tomorrow, Chelsea. Look forward to meeting you and Adam!