New to Ithaca—looking for workout partners

Hey runners,

Anyone sign up for the Ithaca half? I’m new in town and just signed up for this race. Would love to meet some new training buds for weekly track workouts and long runs that can run a 1:20 - 1:25. I’m also interested in meeting anyone for easy early morning miles. Hope I’m in the right place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to Ithaca and FLRC, @neener! Right now, our organized group runs are mostly first- and third-Saturday long runs on FLRC Challenge courses—if you run the Challenge, once you get some times posted on the leaderboard, it will identify pace-compatible running partners. Just click anyone’s name and then Similar Athletes/Pace Partners to see who’s similar.

We’ll also be starting Tuesday night cross country workouts in late August.

If you’re at Cornell, the High Noon Athletic Club runs and does workouts from the back of Teagle Hall weekdays at noon, though the schedule is still a bit sporadic as Cornell gets back to normal. (But we’ll definitely be there tomorrow—Tuesday the 27th—for one of our members’ last run before leaving Ithaca.)

Also let me introduce you to @ChelseaB, since she’s one of the area’s top marathoners, and if you’re running in the 1:20 range for a half marathon, her workouts should be pretty much on target. :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping me get oriented Adam and nice to meet you! Looking forward to joining the group runs :slight_smile:

Hi @neener! Welcome to Ithaca :). I run ~4/week with a group of folks usually early AM but sometimes a smidge later. Three of us are training for Philly Marathon and four people are running Wineglass Half Marathon or Full. All of us are in your pace range!

Late notice but we are running tomorrow at 7:40am from Community Corners. We park near the Island Fitness: Google Maps. We are planning on running an 8 mile loop with a mix of pickups. I am running 10x1min Hard, 1min Easy and my friend Courtney is doing a set of shorter strides and then 4x1min Hard, 1min Easy. No worries if tomorrow doesn’t work out! There will be plenty more runs. Feel free to send me a text 518-598-7130 or email benson.chelsea@gmail.com. Looking forward to connecting with you for some runs!

1 Like

Welcome to Ithaca! I’d love to meet up for some runs if you are interested in doing anything in the 830 to 930 pace range. Lizhartman@gmail.com

I usually run around 930am but that will be moving to earlier this fall