PGXC post-season party survey—please vote!

Good day, @pgxc-flrc and @pgxc-men! Tonya and I have been pondering the possibilities for a COVID-safe post-season party, and we’ve come up with a few ideas. Each would take place on Sunday, November 14th, at 1 PM to maximize the chances for warm temperatures. Please read below and indicate your preferences in the easy poll at the end.

Outdoor Party and Awards

We’d reserve the Ellis Hollow Community Center pavilion, which is covered but has no walls. So, plenty of ventilation, but probably chilly—dressing warm would be essential. There are six large (8-person) picnic tables and is a nearby fire pit we could likely use. We’d share dish-to-pass individually portioned food, and of course, we have cases of PGXC beer to share. We might be able to have a hot beverage.

Group Run with Post-Run Party and Awards

We’d reserve the Dryden Lake pavilion, which is covered but with no walls. It’s further out of town but has the advantage of being on the Jim Schug Trail, which is a great flat trail for running similar to the Black Diamond Trail in Ithaca. The run would be 40 minutes (or less, your choice), with everyone turning around at 20 minutes so we’d all finish at roughly the same time. Everyone could quickly put on warm clothes to maintain warmth from running, and then we’d share dish-to-pass individually portioned food and PGXC beer, and we might be able to have a hot beverage.

Indoor Party with Only Beverages as a Bad Weather Fallback

If the weather turned out to be horrid (38 degrees and rain puts a damper on any party), the fallback plan would be to move the party indoors, with just beverages, and ask that everyone stay masked when not drinking.

Your Preferences

First, we want to know which of these events you’d feel comfortable attending. Second, which would you prefer? (For the first question, you must click the Vote Now button; for the second, clicking a selection automatically registers your vote for it.)

If you’re reading this in email, click the View Topic button at the bottom of the message to vote on the forum.

Select all the events you’d feel comfortable attending.
  • Outdoor Party
  • Group Run with Party
  • Indoor Party

0 voters

Which event would you prefer?
  • Outdoor Party
  • Group Run with Party
  • Indoor Party
  • I can’t come regardless

0 voters

Given the popularity of the Group Run option so far, I just realized that it’s worth noting that anyone for whom running at that time of day or on an injury wasn’t feasible could just come to the post-run party.

read my mind. That was possible the option I was going to go with. It will depend on how I am on the day!