Run farther with the FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge!

And now that I’m home from the PGXC championship, it looks like @aaronking32 spent the day working on the FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge, with seven courses done and only the three easiest to go. For a minute, I was worried that he hadn’t finished the first seven in time, since he started his first course, Forest Frolic, at 4:37 AM and his most recently posted seventh course, Black Diamond Trail, at 4:02 PM, but then I realized he had done the bulk of the miles in roughly 12 hours, not the 24 allowed.

And @Petorius, 15 East Hill Rec Way in one session? Which I presume meant a 30-mile day?

1 Like

And Aaron’s times are quite impressive given it’s a 65-mile day for him!

Yes, I ran 15 out-and-backs on the EH Rec for 30 miles total. It was monotonous and took longer than I’d hoped, but I needed it to continue my own challenge of running a continuous marathon or longer on all 10 Challenge courses by year’s end.

1 Like

Wow, the marathon on each course is impressive! Was particularly wondering about this one when you first mentioned it. Glad you were able to make it happen.

1 Like

Based on the activity log, @DamianClemons might be going for the Ultra Challenge today, but I can’t tell for sure. He could be just scouting out the road and rail trail courses, but he’s finished 5 of the 10 in less than 6 hours.

And what’s with all the action on the East Hill Rec Way today? Am I missing something?

I think @DamianClemons is indeed going for it—he mentioned at Sunday’s PGXC race that he was thinking about it this week, and the weather looks worse going forward. He’s taking a completely different strategy than @aaronking32, so he’ll have a bunch of trail running coming up in the dark. Go, Damian!

2 posts were split to a new topic: What’s happening today on the East Hill Rec Way?

alright – let’s go @DamianClemons!

@DamianClemons got to nine courses last night with just Pseudo Skunk Cabbage to go, but that’s when the Activity Log goes cold. Hope you’re OK, Damian, and let us know what happened. Hopefully, it was just a posting error with Webscorer!

Adam I am alive and well. Will provide an update this weekend.

1 Like

And please tell me Paul Maza and Jami Landry are both going for the Ultra Challenge right now!

They were planning it, and yes, it looks like they’ve completed Frolic, Thom B, Danby, Tortoise, and Waterfront Trail so far. So that’s five courses down, and the four hard trail courses that are best done during the day. Go Paul and Jami!

https://challenge.fingerlakesrunners.org/Log

Yep we’re out here! Just finished #6 black diamond. Thanks for the encouragement!!

1 Like

It’s looking like @FARVets and @Jami finished in time, though I’m not seeing a final East Hill Rec Way time for Jami yet, likely just a posting issue given that they’d been running for nearly 24 hours. Congrats!

Yup! We finished; I just emailed you about the last post. My phone froze; I sent you my Strava from my watch.

1 Like

And @DamianClemons is at it again, cold and snow notwithstanding! He’s six courses in now, with all the trails and Pseudo Skunk done. Four easier, flatter courses left to do before 7am. Go, Damian!

Looks like he got it done in about 23 hrs 6 minutes! And definitely in nastier weather than his last attempt.

1 Like

Yay!!! Congrats, @DamianClemons !! Hope he’s warm and sleeping right now.
Was definitely the first thing I checked this morning!

That’s perseverance! :smiley: :raised_hands:

YES! Congrats, @heathercobb3 !!!

1 Like

@heathercobb3 Holy Cow! That must have been a windy night. Congratulations and way to stick with it!

1 Like