Run to Laughing Goat farm open house Saturday late AM

Hi, everyone. Laughing Goat goat and alpaca farm is having an open house with baby goats on Saturday from 12-4:30. I’m planning to run there on a bit of a hilly (appropriate) 5-6 mile route including the Elm St hill, leaving from Cascadilla Greenstar around 11. If folks would like to meet up please drop me a message. Also, here are details about the open house:

We invite you to attend our annual community spring farm open house at Laughing Goat Fiber Farm. We do this every year to enable the community to visit the farm and visit our animals and see what farming is all about. We currently have 20 new babies and expect to have between 25 and 30 baby goats.

We will have a baby goat playground, self-guided tours of the animal barn and pastures, demonstrations, and a craft table for kids.

Ithaca’s NYS Assembly Representative Dr. Anna Kelles will also be on hand. At 3:00 pm she will be providing interested folks with an update on her Sustainability and Social Accountability Fashion Act, a piece of legislation with national prominence that will have a direct positive impact on the NY fiber, fabric, and fashion industry.

Laughing Goat Fiber Farm Open House
Saturday May 11
Noon - 4:30 pm
1485 Mecklenburg Road (Rt. 79W)

Gary & Lisa Ferguson

Do you get to run with the goats once you’re there? I mean, are we talking the runner equivalent of goat yoga? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah! It could be a possibility. My colleague lives across the street and it sounds like some of the goats are escape artists.