Sunday Skunkday Group Run (and workout) on 2/23 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

So you can get this on your calendar, we will be meeting once again for a Sunday Skunkday run inside the main doors to Barton Hall at 8:30 AM, breaking into pace groups, and heading out about 10 minutes later. The oddity this week is that FLRC is hosting an all-comers indoor track meet in Barton, starting at 9 AM, so there will be lots of other runners milling around. Location details and the sign-it-once-for-2020 waiver at the bottom.

For those who want something to spice up the long run or help you run Skunk faster or more comfortably, the optional workout for this week (negotiate it with your pace group!) is as follows. After your group turns off 366 onto Game Farm Road (about 2 miles of warmup), do three pickups of 4 minutes, 3 minutes, and 2 minutes, each separated by 2 minutes of easy running. The pickup pace should be about 20-30 seconds per mile faster than you’re running, so it should feel a little hard, but entirely doable. That’s it—the goal is just to extend the fartlek distances a little;

See you Sunday! I’m directing the track meet, so I’ll come over to help form the pace groups, but won’t be able to join this week.

Pace Poll

So everyone can make sure there will be others at their pace, please let us know what pace you’ll be running! I’ve tweaked the ranges based on last week’s answers—we’ll see if this is the optimal set.

• 7:30-minute pace and under
  • 8:00-minute pace
  • 8:30-minute pace
  • 9:00-minute pace
  • 9:30-minute pace
  • 10:00-minute pace
  • 10:30-minute pace
  • 11:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-minute pace and slower

0 voters

Resources