Sunday Skunkday Group Run on 3/1 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

Fresh off cheering for the Ithaca women who are running in the Olympic Trials Marathon on Saturday (and you’re welcome to join the party watching the race), we’ll once again be meeting at Barton Hall for a Sunday Skunkday long run. Show up at 8:30 AM and we’ll break into pace groups and head out about 10 minutes later. Location details and the sign-it-once-for-2020 waiver at the bottom.

For those who want something to spice up the long run or help you run Skunk faster or more comfortably, the optional workout for this week (negotiate it with your pace group!) is as follows. After your group turns off 366 onto Game Farm Road (about 2 miles of warmup), do three pickups of 4 minutes, 3 minutes, and 2 minutes, each separated by 2 minutes of easy running. The pickup pace should be about 20-30 seconds per mile faster than you’re running, so it should feel a little hard, but entirely doable. That’s it—the goal is just to extend the fartlek distances a little;

See you Sunday! I hope to get my usual 2-3 miles in at the start.

Pace Poll

So newcomers can make sure there will be others at their pace, please let us know what pace you’ll be running! I’m continuing to tweak the ranges to see what makes the most sense.

• 7:30–8:00-minute pace and under
  • 8:00–9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00–10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00–11:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-minute pace and slower

0 voters

Resources

Record attendance on a gorgeous sunny morning, with 35 people by my count. That doesn’t even include another group that started early and was planning to intersect further on.

Thanks to those who registered themselves in the pace poll—I’ve heard from a few people now that they came because they saw there would be others at their pace.