Thursday Night Group Run

Hi all!

It’s been great to meet a lot of people over the past few weeks, and I was thinking of arranging a post-work group run on a Thursday night from the Cornell campus, and hopefully if there’s enough people, we should be able to split into different pace groups too. Conversational pace preferred - save the workout for Adam’s Tuesday night sessions! For me, that would be around an 8 min/mile.

I thought we could meet at 5:45pm at the entrance to the outdoor track at Charles Berman field, and set off at 6pm potentially run down the East Ithaca Recreation Way/ Dryden Rail Trail until people get bored - maybe going as far as Varna and doubling back which should be around 6 or 7 miles total, but open to suggestions too. This route should allow people to cut back the distance too if they want.

I know I’ve not left a great deal for people to respond, but I’ll be there to enjoy potentially the last warm Fall evening of the year - hope to see you there, and might stay out for a quick pint afterwards if people are interested! Would be great if you could post on here if you think you’ll be able to come.

6 Likes

I’m in! Sounds fun!!

1 Like

Great to see other FLRC folks organizing group runs, so I’d encourage anyone for whom this works out to join Jon and Kate.

1 Like

I’m interested in that on Thursdays when I don’t have a workshop. I’m also ok with being dropped and running alone because an 8min mile is not conversational paced for me.

I am also interested if anyone else would like to run 9:30-10:30 pace

1 Like

Great :smiley: I’ll be there again this Thursday, see some of you there!

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing y’all today!

FYI I can’t make it but maybe later in Nov!

1 Like

I’m sorry I missed this, but hoping it will be a regular run. It fits my schedule really well.

1 Like

I’m currently still recovering from an injury, but if it continues I’m definitely interested in joining once I’m recovered enough to run!

1 Like

Hope to see a few people tomorrow! I will be there at 5:45 again (probably with Kate), with a head torch at the ready!

When adding this run to my calendar, I realized that there isn’t enough time for me to do this run and get to an FLRC meeting that I have every other Thursday night. So, this week I will not be coming, but if you do it next week, I do plan to come.

1 Like

I am in the same situation as Tonya - have an FLRC meeting with her this evening. I am also not on campus today, but usually am on Thursdays. I plan on participating next week!

Hi all,

I’ll be running again tomorrow at 6pm - would be good to see some of you! I’m stealing Heather’s pace poll if anyone wants to check who else may come too! :slight_smile:

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace

• 8:00-9:00-minute pace

• 9:00-10:00-minute pace

• 10:00-11:00-minute pace

• 11:00-12:00-minute pace

• 12:00-13:00-minute pace

• 13:00-minute+ pace

• I plan on hiking

• I am unsure of my pace, but I will be there!

0 voters
2 Likes

Hi Jon! Are we still meeting by the outdoor track? And on the Tower Road (north) side or the Campus Road (south) side? PS - The pace poll originally came from Adam. Is there no originality any more?!?? :joy:

I’ve been starting from the Campus Road side of the track, but happy to move to somewhere else if you think there’s a better spot! If not, see you later :smiling_face: