Valley Views Star Posts

Story

Brooktondale is an interesting place- lots of vintage campers and rvs around. Love this:

2 Likes

Looks like the first part of the Valley Views course is closed for a bit today while an accident is being cleaned up. Probably best to avoid.

Thanks for posting that, Heather! I actually ran into that mess while biking this morning. I was going down Valley Road toward Brooktondale when I noticed tree service trucks backing up in the other lane toward me. When I got closer, a woman by the side of the road flagged me down and told me to be careful, and shortly afterward, I saw why.

A major power pole at the corner of Burns and Valley had fallen in the road, and wires blocked both roads with potentially live wires. I stopped and chatted with another woman who was there, and we agreed that turning around was the better part of valor. On my way back up Valley, the fire department people were coming to direct traffic, but it’s going to be a while.

Story

@medardia and I picked a muggy morning to tick this course off the list! Due to my work travel schedule I have had to squeeze these runs in when I can. It was great to have company and some nice views to make the sweaty miles go by faster, and an iced coffee at Brookton’s Market to cool off at the end.

2 Likes

Story

After a week of hot heat disgusting temperatures (yes, I’m cool weather person) it was a nice morning for a run. Marie kept me on course and put up with my picture taking. We even dressed the same. Lovely valley views and a working gravel pit (which I noticed thanks to the commentary). Bonus points for a route with a good downhill finish

4 Likes

Thanks for suggesting the run! Perfect way to start a day that will otherwise be spent sitting down in meetings.

2 Likes

Story

Matt and I had a lovely walk with wonderful valley views early this morning. :smiling_face: Thankfully the sun was behind the clouds most of the walk.

1 Like

Story

For several years, I had been in “half marathon shape”. Injury recovery, return to running, rebuilding fitness feels like a process of one step forward, two steps back. Obviously that is not true since I have been finishing courses.

6 courses complete but only 36% of the miles.

Here’s to covering the ground!

2 Likes

@Challengers I heard from a runner that the owner of Brookton’s Market wasn’t happy about her parking there and taking up a spot for an hour. I checked in with the owner, and she’s primarily concerned about weekends and when they have live music on some evenings. Please park at the Brooktondale Community Center (slightly east on Valley Road) or the Post Office (slightly west on Valley Road) in these situations:

• On weekends
  • On evenings when they have live music
  • Any time when it seems busy

Both alternate locations have map links on the Valley Views course page.

Thanks! We don’t want to wear out our welcome by taking spaces away from other Brookton’s Market customers.

2 Likes