Wednesday night snowshoeing 2/1

@snowshoers We’re going to be out again tomorrow night running the trails at Hammond Hill. Meet at 6:15pm in the parking lot on Hammond Hill Rd. Conditions on the trail are firm snow, with a new dusting of a couple inches today. Come dressed to run. Bring a headlamp, dry clothes, and a warm coat for afterwards. All paces are welcome. We’ll have groups running between 3-5k depending on who shows up (plan to be out for around an hour). If you don’t have snowshoes and still want to join us, post here. We’ll have some extra pairs available. Afterwards, we will be heading to the Dryden Hotel, where the appetizers are half price until 8:00pm - a good reward after the adventure in the woods.

2 Likes

Hey, I don’t think we can make it tonight, but is there a place in Ithaca that let’s you test out snow shoes/rent them?
Thanks!

I am not aware of anywhere that rents racing snowshoes. I believe EMS downtown has hiking snowshoes. Cornell Outdoor Education also rents hiking snowshoes, but you may need to be affiliated with the University. For tonight, I have a few extra pairs that will be the same as the rentals for the Super Frosty Loomis race. No cost. Just come out and have fun.

I’m in. See you on the Hill tonight! I have an extra pair of snowshoes that someone can borrow too.

See you tonight.

I plan to attend with an extra pair of running snowshoes.

If anyone wants to carpool I can provide a ride.

-Mik

1 Like

Hello Dave, thanks for the information. If there are still two pairs of snowshoes available, we are in for this evening’s run. Please let us know!

In case @Dave_K gets caught up in work, the answer is yes, there will definitely be at least two loaner pairs of snowshoes. Bring headlamps if you have them too—they’re not absolutely necessary if you can stay near other people, but they’re a big help, and fewer people have loaners of those.

Perfect, and yes we have lamps so we are all set. Thanks and see you all tonight.