FLRC Challenge group run on Saturday, 6/3 at 8:30 AM at the Six Mile Creek course

This week’s FLRC Challenge group run will show off the trails below the South Hill Rec Way for the Six Mile Creek course. We recommend having RunGo directions available—the trails are twisty and your running companions may not have navigated them before either.

After the usual milling, introductions, and recap on Challenge timing (download the Webscorer app if you haven’t already!), we’ll aim to start running the course around 8:45 AM. We’ll have some bagels and fruit for post-run snacking—make sure to vote in the pace poll so we can bring enough.

Voting in the pace poll also helps newcomers get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged (nudge, nudge!), neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future group runs—you don’t need to run at the front!—contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar—instructions here.

Hey! Can’t make it Saturday-- any @Challengers want to run the course early Sunday morning? Start by 8am at the latest. Could do anywhere from 8:30-12 minute pace. Flexible!

I’d be up for a Sunday morning run @amandaking ! I can’t make Saturday either. The earlier the better for me.

I’d love to join too! Would 7:00 work?

1 Like

I’d love to join you all, @amandaking, @julie19, and @MWoods! Is 7am the confirmed meeting time? I’ll stand next to the FLRC Challenge sign in case I don’t look familiar to anyone.

1 Like

We decided to start a bit earlier, 6:45am!

1 Like

A lovely morning for a run, bagels, and watermelon, albeit a somewhat smaller group with people off doing CT50 and Lucifer’s Crossing. Nice to see @melissa-weiner and @gmallinger and @jeanluc for the first time this year, and @sryan004 and Bob Congdon had already left for their head start. Hope the Sunday group was fun too!