FLRC Challenge group run on Sunday, 4/28 at 8:30 AM behind the Cass Park Rink (Lakefront Loops)

New to the FLRC Challenge? This week’s Lakefront Loops group run will be an easy introduction to what it’s like to run a course and time yourself in the Webscorer app. Since the course is quite short and completely flat, some groups may want to run it again or add more miles on the nearby Black Diamond Trail.

The Lakefront Loops course is special because you can replace it with any 5K race effort or parkrun—anything for which you can get a published result. That way you can keep participating in the Challenge while traveling or on vacation.

Neither FLRC membership nor FLRC Challenge participation is required for this group run, but we’re confident you’ll sign up once you hear from others how much fun the Challenge is. This photo of happy runners is from last year’s somewhat damp run on this course.

We’ll meet behind the Cass Park skating rink, near where the Winter Chill 5Ks start at 8:30 AM to run the 3.1-mile Lakefront Loops course (check the course page for a Google Map pin and RunGo directions). After the usual milling, introductions, and explanation of how to time Challenge runs (make sure to download the Webscorer app and log in using your Webscorer account at home), we’ll aim to start around 8:45 AM. There will be some snacks for post-run socializing.

Please vote in the pace poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking
0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. If you haven’t yet signed up for the Challenge, please sign the FLRC 2024 Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2024 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply below with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride
0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb.

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

If I can get my butt out of bed, I’ll likely be doing 2 laps, 1st one 7:45ish pace, 2nd more like 9:30 pace, lmk if anyone wants me to wait for them for #2!

I am planning the same thing, but first round more like 8:15.

1 Like