FLRC Challenge group run on Sunday, 5/28 at 8:30 AM at Lime Hollow

After a few weeks off due to races, it’s time for another FLRC Challenge group run to explore the lovely winding trails of the Lime Hollow course.

For those who want to drive themselves, meet at the Lime Hollow Nature Center parking lot on Sunday at 8:30 AM (check the course page for a Google Map pin and get RunGo directions, which are worthwhile the first time you run it).

However, given the distance (about 20 miles from the Commons), we’re going to organize the canonical cross-country carpool and meet at Cornell’s B Lot by the Vet School, across from the Cornell Orchards. Be there around 7:45 AM so we can split up into cars and leave at 8:00 AM sharp to get to Lime Hollow by 8:30 AM. Please be sure to vote in the carpool poll below if you need a ride or can drive so we can make sure we have enough seats. (Also, I’m planning to ride my ElliptiGO home, and we have another spot on our hitch rack if anyone wants to drive out with Tonya and me and bike home after the run.)

After the usual milling, introductions, and recap on Challenge timing (download the Webscorer app if you haven’t already!), we’ll aim to start running the course around 8:45 AM. We’ll have some bagels and fruit for post-run snacking—make sure to vote in the pace poll so we can bring enough.

Voting in the pace poll also helps newcomers get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged (nudge, nudge!), neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one from Cornell’s B Lot by the Vet School.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs—you don’t need to run at the front!—contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar—instructions here.

Cornell B lot will likely be unavailable on Saturday morning because of Commencement.

Thanks Andrea! The group run is taking place on Sunday, and according to the Cornell parking and transportation special events website, no road or parking lot closures are happening on Sunday. I honestly hadn’t even thought about that, haha.

1 Like

Thanks, Heather! Yes, Tonya and I did think of that but figured there wouldn’t be Mass Parking Events taking place on Sunday because of the ceremonies being on Saturday. Looks like even the Vet College events are on Saturday, so we should be good.

Hi Adam,

I think I did the pace voting right, but in case not, just wanted to let you know that I plan to be there Sunday am. (I’ll be driving there on my own … only 15-20 min for me).

See you Sunday,

-John

1 Like

Looks good, John! See you Sunday.

Great group this morning! Thanks for joining, and see you next weekend at Six Mile Creek.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for coming out, and I had a great time getting my run/walk in with @Katie_Gannon and her group and then finishing off the hike with @sryan004 and @bob-congdon.