FLRC Challenge Group Run on the Pseudo Skunk Cabbage Course Saturday 11/13 at 8:30 AM

FLRC Challenge Group Runs continue! To help introduce people to the FLRC Challenge and help those already in the Challenge with their efforts, we’ll be moving them around to various FLRC Challenge courses.

November 13th’s FLRC Challenge run will be on the Pseudo Skunk Cabbage course, hosted by Heather Cobb. This 13.1-mile course starts and finishes at the Ellis Hollow Community Center, with the FLRC Challenge sign at the lower entrance off Genung Road. You can park at the Ellis Hollow Community Center.

We will meet at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM. It is looking like it is going to be slightly rainy and chilly, so please dress accordingly.

Pace Poll

Since this is the longest course, please choose from below a pace you intend on running, to know if others will have company.

• 8:00-9:00 minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00 minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00 minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00 minute pace
  • 12:00 or more minute pace
  • I plan on walking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required, but if you are not signed up for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign an online waiver. You only need to sign this waiver once for all 2021 group runs.

There will be post-run snacks, so please stick around after for socializing and eating a delicious breakfast.

Unless you’re fully vaccinated (2 weeks post-second shot for Moderna/Pfizer and post-shot for J&J), please bring a mask for wearing whenever you’re not running.

If you have questions, or if you might be interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb at cobb.heather.m@gmail.com.

Resources:

1 Like

Thank you so much for organizing, Heather! I’m not 100% sure if I’ll be able to make it but I am hoping to join in with someone who is planning to run at or slightly below 8-min pace.

2 Likes

Hope to see you Liz! I can’t add the “faster than 8:00” to the poll now, but I will keep that in mind for future pace polls.

Liz I’m going to try and get down there too. I’ll run or try and run around 8 with you if you’d like.

1 Like

Oh, yay! That would be awesome!!!

1 Like

I will to be there as long as the rain is not more than a drizzle. I plan to run faster than 8min pace

1 Like

Alas, my calf strain from the last PGXC race means that I won’t be running Psuedo Skunk on Saturday (or probably at all for a few weeks). With luck, I’ll be healthy enough to attempt it before the end of the year.

@jennarice Here are the details on the half marathon group run this weekend! You can check out the pace poll to see if there are others attending that run around your pace.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

An impressive turn out for the longest Challenge course! Thanks to everyone to joined, and kept others company. The rain held off until the runners started, so the misery of the weather didn’t set in until the misery of the run did.

4 Likes